Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
I have read that buspar can be a solution to SSRI induced bruxism...However that would mean me moving from Mirtazipine to buspar and that still doesn’t resolve my overall problem of not reaching remission...
You can take buspirone with mirtazapine, assuming you can get it at all. It might even boost vortioxetine effectiveness, althought it is itself a weak serotonin 5-HT1a receptor partial agonist.

The Pdoc is talking of lowering the Mirtazipine, not increasing it and as you will know at higher doses it can become more activating.
It does become less sedating as the dose increases. I'm not sure you could call that more activating, although it can trigger strong paradoxical reactions in some.

I just feel this current combo of meds is causing me more problems, whilst helping me focus to work...However after over 2 years I would have expected to be fully recovered. Would you agree ???
If the combo was working well I would have expected better results within 4-6 months.

It causes my skin to burn real bad and not in patches, but all over. And the docs wouldn’t believe me, which has been very frustrating I can tell you.
Neuropathy and a host of other nerve and skin conditions are <> listed side-effects. Your doctors are clearly of the mushroom school of 'bedside manner', i.e. keep their patients in the dark and feed them male bovine manure...or ignorant!

If doctors were simply honest with their patients support groups would have much less traffic!

I have also tried to research moving from an SSRI to a TCA and there is virtually nothing out there. However there’s lots of stuff on moving the other way...
I take the view that if it works okay going one way it will likely work well in the reverse direction too.