Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
Thanks Ian

I totally get that there are no guarantees that any particular med may or may not suit each individual and that’s a trial and error process...But it is surely the doctors obligation and goal to get the patient back to feeling how they used too !!!

And I feel my doctors are all being to passive and particularly my Pdoc who doesn’t believe that meds are the answer and keeps trying to play the phycologist with me...I don’t need that I need someone who has the goal of getting my life back and not sitting on the fence, with no suggestions. It’s me that’s driving the bus and it should be them.

They should be saying okay we should try this and if that doesn’t work then that and have a medication plan, at least for the next couple of stages and as you say all AD’s must be explored before resorting to any off label uses of other meds. And I need a fresh pair of eyes to look at things and listen to me.

This morning was so bad I could have easily turned the lights out for good...What I don’t understand is this time round I’ve cried so so much, however no previous episode has triggered that in me, which makes me feel something has definitely changed but what ??? Any ideas Ian and why do I react so badly to SSRI/SNRI meds ???

I’m losing hope because the doctors just ain’t seeing the gravity of the situation I’m in !!!!

Thanks Ian
Another thing is I don’t understand the neuropathic effects that SRI meds are having on me, it’s my skin and all manner of neuropathic sensations and why won’t the doctors believe me...Any ideas Ian ??? Ta John