Thread: Heart palpitations for days, weakness

Heart palpitations for days, weakness

For the past week I’ve been experiencing a sensation of a pounding heart. It lasts all day, and along with it I get a feeling of weakness flooding my body. It almost feels similar to a panic attack but lasts 24/7. It’s also been causing me to jerk awake at night gasping. I’m only 21 and have had an EKG and holter monitor 2 years ago and things were normal. But I’ve never felt this way before for so long and it’s seriously scaring me

Re: Heart palpitations for days, weakness

I should mention too that my heart rate is normal, it’s just a pounding sensation. And I haven’t been particularly anxious about anything.

Hi there, I've recently suffered from this, for quite some time, I had a pounding feeling, ectopics, dizziness among other stuff. I did the Holter, the EKG a stress test and a ultrasound, everything normal, just normal ectopics from anxiety, still of course, I thought something was wrong, but once I came to my senses and realized this could really be due to my anxiety, they where gone, except the ectopic, I still get them sometimes cause I'm still a bit anxious about other stuff but not as bad

Thanks for your reply. I got an ECG done yesterday because the heart palpitations got very bad. It was at an urgent care and the doctor was NOT at all friendly and I felt that he was rushing me out. He told me my ECG was “all normal” but referred me to a cardiologist regardless. He then gave me a copy of my ECG, and I didn’t really look at it until I had left. It says “possible left atrial abnormality”, so I’m confused as to why he didn’t mention this and now am even more panicked. The palpitations happened again this afternoon while baking and lasted 2 hours and get worse when I stand up and walk around. I’m really really scared

Maybe the doctor just had to write something down in order for you to have a reason to see a cardiologist, but doesn't actually think there's any abnormality.

Getting scared about palpitations will Not help it go away, you need to breathe and relax. I used to get a lot of palpitations when I was 8 years old, I was always scared because I didn't know what it even was, and they would sometimes last for hours. One day they just disappeared, the body can be weird like that

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information