Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is everything in my brain going a million miles an hour?

Why is everything in my brain going a million miles an hour?

This is not a panic attack. I'm not panicked. But my head is going a million miles an hour. Like everything around me is rushing and my body is buzzing.

I was home alone, silent, everything was fine. Then my partner and son came back and she was talking to me really fast about everything she's done. Like narrating it. It was agitating me because this is when it all started. I ended up being snappy and saying "please just be quiet my head is about to improde". I explained to her what was going on and she then got defensive and moody with me saying "I've just got back in and you're speaking to me like that".

I said "Please, it's not that. My head. I can't focus on nothing. Sounds, light everything is all just rushing".

She kind of understood but I'm still left with this rushing feeling.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Why is everything in my brain going a million miles an hour?

It's the hypomania. That's pretty normal for any manic-type state.

If it's any comfort, I occasionally get like that too. Not very often - but it's bloody disturbing when it happens.

It will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    It's the hypomania. That's pretty normal for any manic-type state.
    I don't know. Seems to be calming down now I've focused on the forum. I've had to close the blinds and have the room silent.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    If it's any comfort, I occasionally get like that too. Not very often - but it's bloody disturbing when it happens.

It will pass.
    Thanks pamplemousse. Yeah they're very disturbing. It's like going from 0 too 100 in a split second. In the past these would lead to panic attacks, but my anxiety is heaps better these days. You have AS if I recall?

☪️️

I saw this. It might help you determine whether or not this is a symptom of the hypomania.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/what-b...-hand-account/

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I saw this. It might help you determine whether or not this is a symptom of the hypomania.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/what-b...-hand-account/
    Thank you so much for sharing this. Everything he shared I can wholey relate too. The racing thoughts is exactly what I had. I am still in that state except the racing thoughts are a lot slower, but still racing. He said about "overlapping thoughts" all at once. That's exactly it. And the self confidence is spot on. It's happened twice that I can recall.

30 minutes ago ... I started chatting to a neighbor and was elated and over excited. He was showing me his drawings and I was speaking to him like he was a God and telling him how he can make so much money. And then I was explaining how I do games etc and if he wanted to draw me some characters - and how we can be rich from it. People here know I'm introverted most of the time and don't really like interaction with people. So I don't get it.

The other time was the other day. I had no idea what I was thinking but I donned a tracksuit, looked like I just rolled out of a bed. I put my camera around my neck and walked into every shop asking "are you on Google?", "Do you need a website?". I know there's ways to do this properly, but this wasn't it. It was like I was overly confident again. Everybody said no, and my son said "What's wrong with you I've never seen you do this before. It's not like you".

That article, he said ...

But of course I’m on a completely different wavelength than other people, so these encounters rarely turn out as planned.
    That's exactly it Vee.

Now I'm confused though. When am I normal and when am I over the top, and does this mean I possibly have bipolar?

☪️️

I think so, but I’m not qualified to diagnose you.

Do you like to read, James?

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Thanks pamplemousse. Yeah they're very disturbing. It's like going from 0 too 100 in a split second. In the past these would lead to panic attacks, but my anxiety is heaps better these days. You have AS if I recall?
    Yes, I remember.

Heed Vee's advice, it is good. And when you get a chance it may pay you to discuss this with a professional.

TY, PM.

If you like reading, there is a good book called "An Unquiet Mind" by Kay Redfield Jemison. She's a bipolar psychology professor at UCLA and it talks about her experiences being bipolor and handling her career and helping others. It's a great read even if you're not bipolar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information