Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is everything in my brain going a million miles an hour?

Re: Why is everything in my brain going a million miles an hour?

It sounds as if you are experiencing some sensory overload too. Sometimes it can all get too much and you just need peace and quiet which should be respected by your family...if you explain it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I think so, but I’m not qualified to diagnose you.

Do you like to read, James?
    Yes Vee. I read daily.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It sounds as if you are experiencing some sensory overload too. Sometimes it can all get too much and you just need peace and quiet which should be respected by your family...if you explain it to them.
    Thanks Pulisa. This is what I've always viewed them as. Florescent lights are a trigger for this too. That's why I find it hard to walk around supermarkets without sunglasses.

I'm going to have to discuss it with a professional; but there's little hope of that right now.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm going to have to discuss it with a professional; but there's little hope of that right now.
    Some time ago I had CBT in the form of online chat; do you think that would work for you if it was offered for what you may be dealing with?

Thanks Pulisa. This is what I've always viewed them as. Florescent lights are a trigger for this too. That's why I find it hard to walk around supermarkets without sunglasses.

Do you wear headphones, James? it can be a way to block out painful noise. Hyperacussis and synaesthesia can be issues too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Some time ago I had CBT in the form of online chat; do you think that would work for you if it was offered for what you may be dealing with?
    I've done CBT in the past yes. I still do some of the techniques like the breathing exercises. But they don't seem to help with this.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you wear headphones, James? it can be a way to block out painful noise. Hyperacussis and synaesthesia can be issues too.
    I do yes. Putting them on with no sound blocks out a lot of the harshness. Ear muffs could be a good idea, the sound blocking ones. Good thinking batman

☪️️

P has a good point. I also get overstimulated sometimes, especially if it's been a crazy day at work. I like to lie in bed with all the lights off, the white noise machine on, and a cold cloth over my eyes/forehead.

Did you see that book I recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    P has a good point. I also get overstimulated sometimes, especially if it's been a crazy day at work. I like to lie in bed with all the lights off, the white noise machine on, and a cold cloth over my eyes/forehead.

Did you see that book I recommended?
    Omg vee were are very much alike. I listen to white noise, or radio static. It's very comforting to my ears. My son got an MP3 player yesterday and it has radio on it. I was explaining to him about the radio static and we got onto the topic of why I listen to it. It's from Japan and has a "Japan Radio" setting which goes down to 70MHz ... was showing him how to listen to cordless phones with it and gave him a little demo using a phone (had to manually change frequency of it). Technically the MP3 player isn't legal because of that ha ha.

Sorry I'm rambling there. I did see that book yes thank you fair sharing. I'm going to give it a read. I've got a PDF of it from *cough* *cough*. I'm broke atm, but when finances are good I shall give back to the author.

☪️️

I've done CBT in the past yes. I still do some of the techniques like the breathing exercises. But they don't seem to help with this.
    Sorry, I worded my original question badly. I was trying to say that if there was a chance of an online chat session with a therapist/counsellor to discuss your current issues with (the hypomania, sensory overload and other issues) would you consider that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information