Hi,

I've been petrified of rabies ever since I saw in the news that there were some skunks testing positive in my area.

Im currently in a huge amount of anxiety over the following situation. I was outside on Saturday night watching the fireworks...I did notice some bugs and I figured I would probably get bitten up. When I came inside, I noticed a small red mark on my arm. I figured it was a mosquito bite and didn't think much of it. Later that evening I noticed a small amount of blood coming from this wound. Upon further examination, It did not look like a mesquito but but some kind of wound. I immediately thought that I may have been bitten by a bat and not realized. Its definitely possible that it was a pimple that I scratched off or a bug bite that was scratched.

I simply cannot not let go of the thought that it may have been a bat that bit me unnoticed. I should mention, that I did not see or hear a bat but I wasn't exactly looking out for them.

I'm having so much anxiety right now as to whether I should go to the ER and get the rabies vaccine.

Any advice or help you may have is appreciated.