Thread: Mouth Issues

Mouth Issues

Hi I have a problem with my mouth whereby the inside of my lips feel rough and like I could bite the skin off. The doctor didnt suspect anything sinister but it's been happening on and off for the past 8 weeks or so! I've changed my toothpaste and in between times brushed and rinsed with bicarbonate of soda and it seemed to heal up but now I'm using the new toothpaste it's feeling lumpy again. I'm getting myself into a bit of a state so would really appreciate the voice of reason here to what it could potentially be or more importantly what it's not! Thank you.

Re: Mouth Issues

Is it not dry skin? I didn't know people had lips that weren't like that.

Yes it does feel like dry skin all around the inside of my lips. I can easily bite bits off but obviously trying not to do that. It did clear up when rising with salt solution but as soon as I stop it seems to come back. Then I start thinking it's cancer (I have quite bad health anxiety which I've been trying to manage). My lips weren't like this before (or maybe they were and I hadn't noticed).

It's really not going to be cancer. Do you normally chew your lips? I know I do.

I don't think I used to chew my lips but now the skin feels lumpy I'm very tempted but know that's the wrong thing to do. My doctor said what I have isn't what they look out for but because it's recurring I'm getting anxious. Trying to keep it in control though.

Thread Information