Thread: COVID19 concerns

COVID19 concerns

Hello, for this past week, me and both of my parents have come down with what seems like a cold, my dad first had a few dry coughs for like 4 days and is seemingly doing better now, still has them but way less than he did at the start, then my mom now has a cough and losses her appetite often and sneezes sometimes, neither of the two have had fevers or trouble breathing or anything, then me, I've had a cough for like two days until the second day I checked my temperature and it was 100.1 but I had taken Tylenol right before and I have a feeling that may have stopped a fever, I haven't felt that way since, but then I started getting sinus head pains when I bent down or moved my head too much, and even that's gone now too but I still feel super congested and loss of taste and smell and also a bit of appetite, when I breathe it sort of gives this "cold" sensation down my throat and chest, sort of like a tickle as well but I also feel that may be part of the congestion. And lastly, I've also had a LOT of acid reflux, but I leave this for last because I normally always suffer from a lot of acid reflux for years, and I see that it CAN be a covid symptom but not a main one but since I'm used to having it, it's hard to tell if this is an issue now too or just my norm. I haven't gotten sick in so long that I forgot what it's even like and in a time like this, you can imagine it's a bit of a mess sharing symptoms with the virus and just a cold. Thank you! If it keeps up like this for maybe one or two more days without signs of bettering, I'll find a way to get tested, here in the states in FL, it's very strict on who can test and I'm a 25 year old male so I'm not exactly close to the requirements lol

Re: COVID19 concerns

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

Re: COVID19 concerns

Just wanted to say I can sympathize with what you’re going through. I think many of us can. We’re so trained mentally to search for every little symptom and latch on to the worst possible scenario. I can’t for sure say you don’t have covid, the only way for you to find that for sure is to get tested.

Something I’ve been doing when the random symptoms crop up, for myself, is to tell myself I’ve done everything I possibly can to keep from getting ill. Yes I go to work every day, but i seriously limit whom I’m in contact with, follow the disinfecting and sanitizing protocols that are being preached everywhere I look, and I wear a mask every time I go somewhere other than home or work - which is really only for necessities. The likelihood of catching it is slim. But, if I do, I keep telling myself that the risk for severe complications is pretty slight.

post on here if you feel you need a bit of extra support. That’s what we’re here for. But try not to drive yourself batty over it all as well.

Thread Information