Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surgery TOMORROW! Send me all the good vibes!

Re: Surgery TOMORROW! Send me all the good vibes!

Ohh, Erin! Please don't beat yourself up over this.

Sending massive hugs your way.

It's very hard doing anything where you have to be in the hospital alone. I don't blame you; you shouldn't blame you. One of my friends have to give birth ALONE. First time birth, in the hospital alone because of Covid. She was so scared and upset, but of course, you can't hold the baby in! At least you can reschedule for a time when this will be easier to have someone with you.

TC of you!

Oh Erin it’s ok! It’s a brave decision either way & your surgeon sounds so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better to have the surgery when you know your chosen surgeon will definitely be around post-op to support you. You chose him for a reason after all and that includes your aftercare. Definitely a very sensible and wise decision. Elective surgery means just that..The right time,place and surgeon xx

Thanks so much, everyone! It was a hard day but I'm feeling good about the decision. I think I have been underestimating the trauma of this pandemic and I think because of the pandemic the surgery was an after thought. I worried about it, but I never really sat with the worry and worked through it. I kept worrying about my daughter and how she'd handle me having this major surgery after 4 months of pandemic but didn't consider me! Once I was there it all rushed at me at once. With no one there to support me it was impossible to ground myself.

I will meet with my surgeon in three weeks and talk more about what to do next. I'm going to take my time and plan the surgery more deliberately rather than trying to cram it in to fit my school or Covid numbers, etc... It's a huge decision to remove my uterus and I kind of got on a conveyor belt and rode up to it before realizing what was happening. I'm really glad my surgeon was so kind.

I think medical staff will understand how this difficult period makes things harder for those with mental health issues. Many of them are in that club themselves.

Your surgeon recommended waiting because you weren't fully behind it without his care. That's quite flattering for him as he knows how much you trust & believe in him. So perhaps he will understand and book you in sooner rather than later knowing this and your case history?

As long as you feel comfortable and all is in the best interest of your health.

Take care!

It must have taken a lot of guts to make that decision when everyone is ready to operate. For this reason alone you should be proud of yourself. If you weren't happy with the situation and the surgeon agreed then good for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information