Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad day on the back of a bad quarter

Re: PC Sanity Check

He also said it takes time for the gut to recover after a big anxiety/panic attack and he would expect normality the second you start to calm down.

Re: Bad day on the back of a bad quarter

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Mark, I’m glad that you have been checked out and received the all clear. I’m going through something very similar and convinced now that I have a thyroid tumour or cancer and pancreatic issues. My previous posts will explain why. I brought some blood up this morning and have done on a few other occasions. This convinced me it was from my neck- throat or possibly gums, as I’ve been getting some sporadic gum bleeding. Been to the dentist the other day who confirmed I have some gum inflammation that requires some cleaning appointments but not antibiotics. My face has swelled on a few occasions and I keep getting pressure in my neck but also along my bottom jaw and right ear. I phoned GP today and demanded a face to face visit. After mentioning the blood, she agreed. She felt my neck from the front and from behind me and said that she could not feel anything sinister. She also mentioned that my thyroid bloods three weeks ago were clear and she would expect these to have showed something if there was a cancer or tumour. I mentioned that my glands felt enlarged, she never picked up on this, but said if there was lymphoma something would have raise concern in the bloods that I had. I never thought or once I had lymphoma more that the glands have become infected from the thyroid. I keep getting hoarse, and continuously clearing catarrah - mucus from my throat. I feel if I have a mass - lump in my throat and the tightness at times is so so uncomfortable, that I feel that I’m being strangled. I also have a strange sensation in my throat like a dust.

The pancreatic issue is something else. A drug trial I’m on can cause pancreatic problems as well as thyroid and kidney issues, the latter being something that has flagged up, microscopic blood and protein. My tummy now bloated and is solid after food or drink in the upper part where the organs are. Stools are at times floating, difficult to flush and the water is yellow. There also mark the pain - sorry for being graphic. However, the bad pain I had, loss of appetite, noisy churning and bubbling, diarrhoea has passed, so I’m going on the right direction. Of course I do wonder if I have PC but would imagine this is extremely painful. I lost a lot of weight quickly but After jumping on the scales this morning have have put some back on, Strangely enough, I am not eating too healthy now either which is strange for me, in that I’m not eating a lot of veg which I love. So, back to the veg, eating well and to try and take some solace in what the Dr said, despite thinking the tests were three weeks ago and things could have changed. I have a check up with the trial team on Tuesday and know that if anything is a drift they will find it as they are very thorough. Just unfortunate that they were deployed to the Covid fight so I have not had any contact for the past 3 months.

I’m glad you are a bit happier Mark.
    I have/had gastritis too, it’s quite common.
    The gallstones ultrasound is quick & painless too, my partner had it done and it only took a few minutes.

Anxiety is tough, especially when you need to break the spiral. I wish you luck talking to your GP about it, try to be as honest and frank as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally melting down at the moment and feel so trapped and alone; Ended up on to 111 (non urgent NHS helpline for non-uk members) and needed diazepam - not slept more than three hours a night in the last week and dont want to eat so losing weight which is in turn 'showing me' the very symptoms i'm terrified of. I'm booked to see a consultant gastro on Wednesday and NHS are organising a Ultrasound but everything is moving so slowly and I'm scared by the time I'm diagnosed i'll be lucky to have six weeks! The fear is getting in the way of work and is the first thing I wake up to and last thing I think of before bed. Everyone just keeps saying i'm to young but that meaningless if I dont have a diagnosis of something else - anyone else gone through this before how did you manage the panic?

Not sure if anyone is following this thread but its helping me feel a bit better to write everything down as I go along...

Weight has dropped down another ib so gone from 14st last Wednesday to 13,11 today obviously still look fine and if anything i'm still overweight but I feel thinner and its not helping my state of mind. Seeing the consultant gastro tomorrow evening and I'm sure he will order a scan of some sort (even if its only to make sure) also the NHS have booked in an ultrasound following my A&E visit for 2 August, I just know I can't wait that long I feel I need to know one way or the other so I can get on with treatment or get on with fixing the HA that would have 100% got me for real if this turns out to be in my head because everything feels so real.

Spoke to a councillor yesterday who put some things in perspective - main message worrying about things you can't control however horrible won't make them better or go away; sound advice but he isn't the one looking at have a six month life expectency (if your lucky) should you wait around to long.

So scared right now all I can play out is telling my kids I may not be here for Christmas and its killing me inside i'm 38 and I want to see my grand children :(

I pray for strengh and luckily my family are very supportive I just feel so exhausted and failed by how long these appointments take to make.

23.7 update

Went to see the consultant yesterday evening and he isn't concerned; did a physical exam and is pretty sure its a stomach issue given bloods came back fine twice last week. He asked about when the pain starts and how it feels in between i.e. more pain when I eat that subsides into 'awareness' between meals. Thinks the weight loss and BM are down to a stress reaction giving me mild IBS he even explained how 'fight or flight' causes the body to void in order to run faster - fine if its a one time event but if you live in that panic space then your body goes haywire. Long and short of it is that he is booking in an Ultrasound, CT, Endo but was clear to say that he would be just as happy not to and is doing it so that he can be 100% certain (instead of 99.9%) its nothing nasty.

Just got to wait (again) to book them in....

U/S and CT booked for next Wednesday - first symptoms to testing in 7 weeks; hopefully the results will follow quickly i'm literally going out of my mind thinking i'm missing out on vital treatment.

CT with contrast done and Ultrasound; clean U/S so now it’s just the waiting on the results of the CT; my nerves are shot!

Jumping late into this thread Mark, I also have gastritis. Leaving it untreated *sucks* for us - I was having nights where I'd wake up *feeling bile go into the back of my throat almost like it was going into my ears*. I'd run to the bathroom expecting to puke and absolutely nothing happened.

It was the most unpleasant pain and suffering. Then I had times where I'd be constantly trying to talk and I'd feel the bile just hang out near the end of my throat.

How are you doing man? Keep posted - every thread like this where you have good reassurance is documentation for those in the future who have the same worries!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information