Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working on accepting what doctors tell me

Re: Working on accepting what doctors tell me

I am so worried. The bumps are just not going away. They will get bigger, then smaller, then be flat, then flare up again. I am using the cream the doctor gave me, I am taking the antibiotic ( he said in case it was a staph infection ) it’s just that the one is really red and very squishy and not really painfully at all. I know the doctor just looked at them two days ago but I cannot get these horrible worries out of my head. I am so afraid it is skin cancer. What if the cream and antibiotic doesn’t work?? Then what?? Ugh. I’ve had two doctors see the bumps via video chat, and my regular doctor in person. None of them have seemed concerned. One of the doctors told me the colors to not raise flags about skin cancer and that my armpit would be a very unusual pace for that. They are not small bumps though, they are very clearly seen. I hate this. I’m also having an issue with my left nostril. If I use a Kleenex in my nose it will bleed, pretty much every time. A doctor told me to put Neosporin in my nose and I have for two days, but I am just waiting for another nosebleed. Now I have that worry too. My therapist told me right now googling is a way of coping for me, and to not completely cut it off right now but I am trying to lessen it. I just want to know I’m not dying.

I need to just listen to the professionals, my anxiety just has a firm grip on me right now.

Re: Working on accepting what doctors tell me

Posting in solidarity. (See my lymph node thread.) I really struggle with believing the reassurance I so desperately seek. If it isn’t absolutely slam dunk perfect, I pick it apart and analyze it to death and convince myself it isn’t the end and the journey of worry must continue.

You aren’t alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information