Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Covitudes..

Re: Covitudes..

I'll get this one in before the inquests start...'lessons will be learned'.

A phrase usually trundle out when the authorities have yet again failed to protect children from horrendous abuse leading to their murders.

Ugh, Terry, why’d you have to go there . I was trying to lighten the mood.

"My heart goes out....." Said too many times now by the politicians.

My favourite for this week from an MP after travelling the length of the uk by train with confirmed covid “ the covid made me act out of character “ new get out of jail free card the covid made me do it .
    I call a spade a spade I didn’t even know what a platitude was , most people would be more comfortable with easy to understand terms such as , we haven’t got a f**king clue , keep the f**k away from me , come out of your house and you will be shot in the eye , this is f**king bad real bad , worse than yesterday but not as bad as a terrible hair day , when will this be over , sooner than you think going by your temperature, honesty is the best policy unless you’re an MP .

Circuit breaker. Daft term.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    My favourite for this week from an MP after travelling the length of the uk by train with confirmed covid “ the covid made me act out of character “ new get out of jail free card the covid made me do it .
    I call a spade a spade I didn’t even know what a platitude was , most people would be more comfortable with easy to understand terms such as , we haven’t got a f**king clue , keep the f**k away from me , come out of your house and you will be shot in the eye , this is f**king bad real bad , worse than yesterday but not as bad as a terrible hair day , when will this be over , sooner than you think going by your temperature, honesty is the best policy unless you’re an MP .
    Was that the utterly irresponsible SNP one, Buster? You can bet your house, like with all politicians, she only 'reported herself to the police' because she was found out and offered the chance to walk the plank with or without a cutlass up the bum.

Some of them have got away with it despite even whining about others. The SNP one was one complaining about Cummings so it just shows how much she cares just like that Scottish head of the NHS who flitted between her homes until the media caught her out. I'm still awaiting seeing Stephen Kinnock having the whip removed for his visit to his hypocrite of a dad but it seems some areas of swamps across parties are enjoying some protection...

Yeah Terry the Scottish one can’t be bothered to look up her useless name but the fact she said that and expected us to believe it was in incredible, so the new covid symptoms to look out for are , high temperature, persistent cough and acting out of character ie getting a test then jumping on a train going to church and the gym , the last two are out of character for me before covid anyway .
    Circuit F**king breaker ? WTF ? Are they asking electricians for covid advice ? What next ask a plumber , Stop tap intervention.
    They p**s on you and tell you it’s raining , I think lockdown may have given me swearing turrets or anger issues , on a plus side my swear jar has enough in for a good therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I'll get this one in before the inquests start...'lessons will be learned'.

A phrase usually trundle out when the authorities have yet again failed to protect children from horrendous abuse leading to their murders.
    As far as I am concerned, child abuse still remains one of the biggest 'elephants in the room', especially if it's of a non-sexual nature. And yet many continue to gleefully look back at their own childhoods and boast about being battered black and blue by their parents (and teachers prior to 1986) and proclaim to have 'turned out fine', and then keep harping on about 'kids today, blah, blah, blah'.

"Increasing exponentially"..I mean I'd not the foggiest as to what "exponentially" meant BC (Before Covid) and now I'm fed up to the back teeth of hearing this uttered every time a politician opens his or her mouth.

I'm with Buster..why not just speak normally to the common people? Cut the crap and come clean? Cut the crap about the Great British Public because en masse we're not Great. We're average with human flaws.

Apparently that Scottish MP travelled on a train with diagnosed covid because the virus had affected her judgement....That's a good one and opens the floodgates for many more excuses to come from those in high office. Caught out, public grovelling apology, keep head down for a while and carry on regardless..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "Increasing exponentially"..I mean I'd not the foggiest as to what "exponentially" meant BC (Before Covid) and now I'm fed up to the back teeth of hearing this uttered every time a politician opens his or her mouth.

I'm with Buster..why not just speak normally to the common people? Cut the crap and come clean? Cut the crap about the Great British Public because en masse we're not Great. We're average with human flaws.

Apparently that Scottish MP travelled on a train with diagnosed covid because the virus had affected her judgement....That's a good one and opens the floodgates for many more excuses to come from those in high office. Caught out, public grovelling apology, keep head down for a while and carry on regardless..
    I’m waiting on Nicola “wee nippy” Sturgeon telling us that if Scotland were independent then her fellow SNP member wouldn’t have had to travel anywhere. Then that’ll be yet another bloody mandate for her beloved independence.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information