Thread: Constant Panic please help

Constant Panic please help

I am 29 and I have dealt with panic attacks since I was 6 years old, this developed into agoraphobia and I became completely housebound at 18, I was housebound for 8 years.

It took a few years but I started going out again and trying to conquer my agoraphobia. Then coronavirus hit and I had to go inside again, I have been inside since March and my health anxiety and agoraphobia has gone mad again.

Yesterday I had one of the worst panic attacks I have had in a while, today I have woken up anxious and can't seem to control the anxiety. My heart is pounding, my chest is tight, I feel short of breathe and dizzy and fidgety and I can't calm myself. It has also set my IBS off badly. I have just been in bed trying to calm but I can't.

Although I have dealt with this for years it's hit me harder than it has in years, does anyone have any tips on what I can do try to calm?

I have taken some diazepam but I am still freaking out, I have tried watching something but can't concentrate.

Re: Constant Panic please help

Deep breaths? I'm sorry your anxiety has got that bad again
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Thank you, I have been doing guided meditation and breathing exercises but it's hard to control it at the moment. It's so frustrating when you've worked so hard to start moving forward then find yourself going backwards

My best advice is not to think about panic attacks. Thinking about panic can bring it on. I hope you get over your panic attacks.

I think you need to remember how brilliantly you’ve done over the years, and to accept that you’ve had a little blip. You will feel the after affects of your panic attack, but they are just after affects. You can feel them, know them for what they are and move on.

I haven’t had panic attacks for years either and I’ve had at least 2 in lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information