Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petrified about pelvic and lower abdominal/bowel pain

Petrified about pelvic and lower abdominal/bowel pain

It's been a long time since I posted as have been anxiety free (and mostly symptom free which has helped!) However about 6 months ago I noticed ache in bladder/pelvis area, was just a niggle and not abnormal for me as a have irritable bladder and often feels like UTI type symptoms when I don't have one. In March it got more noticeable and I started having weird pains in my pubic bone, so my GP sent me for pelvic/bladder ultrasound and this was all normal. In the background of this I have been quite constipated, I've often had IBS symptoms, but pelvic ache was ok for a few months. Now it's back with a vengeance along with constant wind which seems to be mostly trapped in low right, feels like a lump but when I push on it it does feel like it's wind moving.

So I've been referred on to gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy, had last one 3.5 years ago, frustrating as it's still 2 weeks until I have consult and then have to wait to get in for colonoscopy. I'm going to GP again tomorrow to tell her how bad the pelvic pain has become. It's like a really low down tightness and ache, sort of dragging feeling. Feels like in ovaries area. I know ovaries should be ok given I only had ultrasound in March, but I'm still so scared! Maybe logically it could be endometriosis or something that is affecting pelvic area and bowel; but I've worked myself into complete mess that I have ovarian or bowel cancer! I hate this awful anxiety and I also hate having to go through waiting for tests and results!

Just having a vent on here, I know no one can offer medical opinions, but I wonder if anyone has similar symptoms and issues?

Re: Petrified about pelvic and lower abdominal/bowel pain

GP referred me for a pelvic ultrasound to investigate whether my pains are partially due to endometriosis. I’m booked in for tomorrow morning. Was able to get into gastroenterologist earlier too, and having colonoscopy next Tuesday. The pain is getting worse, have white mucus in stools, and pressure on bladder waking me up which scares me. Had blood tests done today. Hoping by this time next week I’ll have some clarity about what is causing this and hopefully not something sinister! Just glad I can get in so quickly so I don’t have to spiral even further into ovarian cancer and bowel cancer fears!!

Good luck for tomorrow Aussie

Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how you get on.
    I’m going through similar & waiting for my US appointment to come through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scass and Lolalee, appreciate it! I have follow up with GP to get results on Saturday. Will let you know!

Just a quick update on this one - got my pelvis ultrasound results and all ok, only showed a bulky uterus but no thick lining, so I'm not sure why that is. Report only said slightly bulky. All my bloods were good as well. Big relief. I have my colonoscopy on Tuesday to explore whether bowel issues are causing my pelvic pain or at least contributing to them. Still concerned as to what they may find there, but at least ovaries have been ruled out!

That all sounds good Aussiehope you are not in Victoria xx

All sounds hopeful, good luck on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Aussie
    Gosh I could have written your original post - feels like I’ve ridden a bike for a week - like a deep ache/bruising and I’m peeing a lot but no burn when I pee.
    I had a full MRI in February for gynae checks so I’m hoping that it can’t be anything sinister or it would have been seen wouldn’t it?
    I’m hoping it’s a UTI but it doesn’t hurt to
    pee.

How did it go Aussie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information