Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petrified about pelvic and lower abdominal/bowel pain

Re: Petrified about pelvic and lower abdominal/bowel pain

Inflammation in the abdominal/pelvic area can cause quite severe pain, hopefully that is all it is, but I'm glad you were checked over and that your ovaries are healthy.

How did the other results fare out yesterday?

I'm assuming a cervical check was done too, if you are over 21? Although the age varies from country to country for them.

Hi sorry for the delay in replying. I had the colonoscopy and that was all clear, so from bowel perspective probably IBS. I have appointment with gynaecologist today so will see what she thinks about it all. The ultrasound only showed slightly bulky uterus and no sign of endometriosis, but only real way to know re endo is for laparoscopy, so gynae might suggest that. The pain has gone at the moment which is a relief, so maybe it’s cycle related even though I have the Mirena and don’t get a period.

Aussi11, endometriosis can't really be diagnosed by ulstrasound unless you have a cyst(endiometrioma). That's how i got diagnosed and it was confirmed by MRI that it was indeed an endometiroma. I also have some bladder related symptoms similar to yours, but nothing showed up on the MRI. Unless it's a big ish mass, it's not really visible on the imaging tests.
    Every time I get an ultrasound they don't see anything other than cysts. Also, i was pretty sure i had a cyst on my "good" ovary and turned out that i didn't. Endometriosis is weird.
    I take birth control pills continuously since january and i don't have a period but still get weird aches and pains now and again. Even before i started the birth control, my symptoms were not always related to ovulation or my period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information