Thread: Visibly shaking all over - scared

Visibly shaking all over - scared

Hi, all

Over the past week, I have found myself feeling increasingly shaky and jerky, with juddering movements. Today, I am visibly shaking all over, even my partner could see it happening. I had a warm bath and with some relaxing music to help the shakes go, but it's still very much there- hands, head, legs. I just feel like a wobbly jittery shaking nervous wreck.

Is it plausible this much shaking could just be anxiety/stress? I haven't had coffee today.

I am terrified it's going to get worse and worse, until I can't stop moving (like a woman I saw on a documentary about Dystonia once). Could it be alcohol neuropathy? Will it go away? My hands are all over the place as I am typing this. When I hold my hands still they are both visibly shaking.

I am really terrified. I have felt shaky before but not to the extent it was an uncontrollable tremor all over and visible to others.

Please let me know if you think this is something permanent, degenerative, and ways to stop it.
    I am female, 33.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Visibly shaking all over - scared

Sorry your not doing well but to be honest know one can answer if its something permanent as we aren't medically trained.

But what l can say is anxiety can cause these symptoms and the more you worry about it the worse it becomes

Your mind is so, so powerful it can mimic things and convince us we have things and as for alcohol neuropathy ask yourself how much do you drink.

My advice would be stay off alcohol as this never helps anxiety hope you feel better soon.

best wishes xx

Shaking is a very common symptom of anxiety x

Hi Alcopop! Just wanted to say I’ve been suffering with the exact same issues! Even down to your last post about waking with numb fingers!! My head & mouth seem to be the main tremor issues at the moment but I’ve also had tremoring muscles in use!
    I’ve fallen down the neurological rabbit hole & the more I do the worse the symptoms get! I’m so fatigued from it all I’ve started to feel generally poorly!
    Everyone has assured me it’s not anything serious and just anxiety but I know how hard it is to digest that when you’re having such overwhelming symptoms! But just wanted to say I definitely am having the same symptoms x

Thread Information