Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anybody else still staying at home?

Re: anybody else still staying at home?

As I'm classed as "medically vulnerable" I'm staying at home. I tried venturing out a bit more with a face covering on, but then I developed what felt like a swollen throat and a touch of earache in my right ear yesterday. That has frightened me so I'm staying here at home.

Tomorrow I shall speak to the managers of my investment portfolio to withdraw a chunk of it to live on and stop paying myself from my company bank account; I'm one of the "forgotten" so I cannot get any government assistance whatsoever.

Then tonight I thought I heard someone say that the virus may end up being like the common cold in that antibodies don't last long, so effectively we have a 'common cold' that kills now.

I've got Hope's for a vaccine or more effective treatment to be available at some point in the future.... who knows ..... is effecting too many people, so a solution must be needed for economy's to recover.

I’m classified as “essential” so I do have to go to work every day. But other than that, I stay home. I actually don’t mind and I enjoy being at home for the most part. Been doing some fun projects around my home and just enjoying time with my spouse.

[QUOTE=MRS STRESS ED;1958150]l agree with what you are saying but some people feel worse outside at the moment just depends on the individual

best wishes xx[/QUO

Of course it does and no one should feel they have to justify their decision to stay at home. It's whatever is best for you mentally. We have made the decision to go out because the alternative is worsening my daughter's already precarious mental health. xx

Pulisa l am so pleased your going out l wish l could just where l am mentally at the moment, l hope you have a great day with your daughter xx

best wishes

That's really kind of you, Mrs Stress ed..I very much hope that you will soon be able to go out safely too when you are ready to. If you're not psychologically ready to it's just not worth it xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's really kind of you, Mrs Stress ed..I very much hope that you will soon be able to go out safely too when you are ready to. If you're not psychologically ready to it's just not worth it xx
    Thank you for your kind words wishing you well xx

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    As I'm classed as "medically vulnerable" I'm staying at home. I tried venturing out a bit more with a face covering on, but then I developed what felt like a swollen throat and a touch of earache in my right ear yesterday. That has frightened me so I'm staying here at home.

Tomorrow I shall speak to the managers of my investment portfolio to withdraw a chunk of it to live on and stop paying myself from my company bank account; I'm one of the "forgotten" so I cannot get any government assistance whatsoever.

Then tonight I thought I heard someone say that the virus may end up being like the common cold in that antibodies don't last long, so effectively we have a 'common cold' that kills now.
    There’s reports every few weeks saying different things. At the moment there are one or two studies saying antibodies fade in the system after a few weeks. However, they do not go completely in the vast majority of infected people.

Studies of SARS and MERS, two other coronaviruses, showed that antibody levels peaked after 3 weeks then declined. When tested up to two years later there were still detectable antibodies but at a far lower level than peak response. This particular coronavirus is actually looking more like SARS and MERS than the coronaviruses that cause common colds.

There’s also a lot of evidence that T cells play a larger role in immune response to Covid-19 than neutralising antibodies alone. T cells are harder to detect in blood samples so immunity could be years long when acquired via infection. As is the frustration with this new virus, more studies are needed and over longer time periods.

There’s very little, if any at all, evidence of re-infection and of course cases were being recorded as far back as December, so all isn’t lost with acquired immunity just yet.

It's probably worth considering that even if you can be re-infected, the likelihood is that it would impact you far less second time around as your immune system knows what to do without over-reacting this time.

I'm out and about uklad. I was off last week and was all over the place. As a matter of fact I drove by a pretty famous seafood place yesterday near the beach and they were packed in like sardines...no pun intended... But they were as happy as clams...not to make waves but I'm going out...I realize it's no day at the beach for many...but why don't you try going out just once for the halibut and sea how it goes?

N.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information