Thread: 45mg mirtazapine...up and down and very scared

45mg mirtazapine...up and down and very scared

So I’ve been on the increased dose of mirtazapine for 5 weeks today, also on 300mg venlafaxine and 300mg quetiapine. At the two week mark I started to feel normal again, lasted 4 or 5 days then back to feeling hopeless and terrified. A couple of good days in week 3 then doom and gloom again followed by a few good days at the start of week 4. I’m back in doomsville again the last few days and feeling very tearful and terrified. I should know the answer by now but just can’t reassure myself is this rollercoaster normal. I was feeling so hopeful last week that things were on the up but now I’m terrified the increase won’t work and I can’t bear the thought of another med change

Re: 45mg mirtazapine...up and down and very scared

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    So I’ve been on the increased dose of mirtazapine for 5 weeks today, also on 300mg venlafaxine and 300mg quetiapine. At the two week mark I started to feel normal again, lasted 4 or 5 days then back to feeling hopeless and terrified. A couple of good days in week 3 then doom and gloom again followed by a few good days at the start of week 4. I’m back in doomsville again the last few days and feeling very tearful and terrified. I should know the answer by now but just can’t reassure myself is this rollercoaster normal. I was feeling so hopeful last week that things were on the up but now I’m terrified the increase won’t work and I can’t bear the thought of another med change
    Five weeks is a little too early to draw any conclusions, Jo. The fact there have been good days suggests it could work.

Thanks PDU, I’m feeling a little bit more optimistic. Now been 7 weeks and I’m having maybe two or three days a week where I have a wobble but feel pretty much my old self the rest of the time. These last two days have been a bit rough again, but I didn’t sleep very well on Friday night and I have noticed my mood swings are at their worst at certain times of the month which is around now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    Thanks PDU, I’m feeling a little bit more optimistic. Now been 7 weeks and I’m having maybe two or three days a week where I have a wobble but feel pretty much my old self the rest of the time.
    That sounds very promising Jo. Long may it continue!!

8 weeks on 45mg. Still very up and down, 4 or 5 good days a week followed by 2 or 3 bad ones. This has been the case for about a month now although most of this week has been shitty so far. Is this normal at this stage or should my good days be more sustainable by now? Panicking it all going downhill

Thread Information