Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Admin Review?

Admin Review?

Hi does anyone know what prompts an admin review? Like, what does an admin review entail? And are threads ever put back up after the review? Can any administrator decide to perform an admin review? I ask in all earnestness.

Thank you,

N

Re: Admin Review?

I don’t know, but I once made a complaint about some posts on a thread and the thread disappeared never to be seen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must confess the random acts of moderation on this forum bewilder me.

I refer to its attitude towards 'trolling': it seems that posts that are, to any normal person, controversial and/or alarmist (the very definition of trolling) are allowed despite the rules of the forum saying they're not, but calling individuals out over it is not allowed and no action is ever taken against them.

FFS, this is a forum for anxiety sufferers - surely anything that could increase anxiety is against the spirit of the forum?

I'm screen-shotting this reply because I can guarantee it'll get removed.

If a post is reported then the admins may choose to close it whilst we look at it.

Please bear in mind that I am not active on the forum at the moment so Elen and Emmz (who are both working) are doing all the forum work for me which I really appreciate so things take longer to look at, discuss and then decide what to do.

We rely a lot on members reporting posts to us as we cannot read them all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I believe a admin review is done when there's a concerning post

and its good to see you, Nic, hope your getting better
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Ah found it!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I must confess the random acts of moderation on this forum bewilder me.

I refer to its attitude towards 'trolling': it seems that posts that are, to any normal person, controversial and/or alarmist (the very definition of trolling) are allowed despite the rules of the forum saying they're not, but calling individuals out over it is not allowed and no action is ever taken against them.

FFS, this is a forum for anxiety sufferers - surely anything that could increase anxiety is against the spirit of the forum?

I'm screen-shotting this reply because I can guarantee it'll get removed.
    I think that's a slippery slope. What some find cathartic or just a distraction from their own anxiety, like debating an issue, others might find increases their anxiety. But they don't have to read it or join in.

I'm hoping that some administrators will chime in on this one.

I do debate on this site but never ever with the intent of increasing anyone's anxiety. I mean some people could read a thread on a specific illness and their HA could actually go up not down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information