Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dentist tomorrow for extraction :(

Re: Dentist tomorrow for extraction :(

Party on!

Seriously, though, feel better! I think you're being heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I think I deserve to have the party with the leftovers
    Some for you some for Vee and some leftovers for me
    Did you get to keep your chopper?

It's out! Oh my goodness. I'd like to say the bark was worse than the bite but I ended up having a panic attack when the numbing stuff kicked in. But that was the only blip I had.

The dentist knew right away and was giving me techniques to calm. Soon as 5 minutes passed I was confident I wasn't going to have a heart attack or pass out from the novacaine. I asked her for non adrenaline, she said "I promise you'll be ok we're not using much".

After that was 25 minutes of pulling, yanking etc. It was a tough one to get out and she let me have little breaks in between.

The actual pulling and what not was fine. I'm not bothered about that bit. Towards the end I was having serious pain but I knew she was nearly done and I didn't want to have more numbing stuff so I soldiered it through and grabbed the chair arms as hard as possible.

Sadly no party medications. Was told to use paracetamol.

I'm home and well tho

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I'm feeling cold at the moment. Strange. Had to put radiators on and still feeling chilly. I'm sure it's all normal. Got a bit of a headache and tense shoulders from tensing them during the extraction. No horrid stabbing shooting pains just a dull ache.

How long do I have to keep the gause in? It's been almost 3 hours and had to replace it 3 times because it gets soggy and feels horrid.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Oh poor you, it sounds like a toughy.
    The last time I had a big filling I was like that too. I got into bed and stayed there for the night, I felt like I had been beaten up. Keep taking painkillers every 4-6 hours and you’ll feel better soon. It could also be a bit of an adrenaline cone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm feeling cold at the moment. Strange. Had to put radiators on and still feeling chilly. I'm sure it's all normal. Got a bit of a headache and tense shoulders from tensing them during the extraction. No horrid stabbing shooting pains just a dull ache.

How long do I have to keep the gause in? It's been almost 3 hours and had to replace it 3 times because it gets soggy and feels horrid.
    Well done l hate having teeth out I'm exactly the same but its all done if its stopped bleeding take the gauze out l hate tgat makes me gag, and as for the rest of the day feet up do nothing chill xx

best wishes

A tooth extraction is pretty traumatic (in the genuine sense of the word). Your body knows it's been injured so you'll probably feel a bit crap for a day or two.

Well done for getting it sorted, and give yourself some time off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Oh poor you, it sounds like a toughy.
    The last time I had a big filling I was like that too. I got into bed and stayed there for the night, I felt like I had been beaten up. Keep taking painkillers every 4-6 hours and you’ll feel better soon. It could also be a bit of an adrenaline cone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes Scass, defo feels like I've been in the ring. Will do re: meds

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Well done l hate having teeth out I'm exactly the same but its all done if its stopped bleeding take the gauze out l hate tgat makes me gag, and as for the rest of the day feet up do nothing chill xx

best wishes
    I've been gagging all afternoon for the same reason

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    A tooth extraction is pretty traumatic (in the genuine sense of the word). Your body knows it's been injured so you'll probably feel a bit crap for a day or two.

Well done for getting it sorted, and give yourself some time off.
    That makes sense Joe, it's a gaping hole that's been rocked and pried for about half an hour. She did say it's going to be painful. I'm starting to feel it now.

☪️️

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information