Thread: Thyroid Cancer Concerns

Thyroid Cancer Concerns

I find myself posting again! I am now convinced that I have thyroid cancer. This can be a side effect of a trial drug that I’ve been taking for nearly two years. In Jan I increased the dose but struggled badly. This also causes major stomach problems, which I’ve experienced before, but pancreatic issues too. The thyroid is a concern as a family member passed with thyroid cancer and it recommends that anyone that has had thyroid issues in the family should not participate. I mentioned this at the onset but told that I would be okay.... I’ve spoken with the trial team who are now back working and I have an appointment next Tuesday. My face keeps swelling, my neck glands feel swollen, breathing issues at night at time’s, hoarseness, a feeling of a lump in my throat, dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing and have to clear mucus - catarrah that seems stuck in my throat and so my gums are inflamed and they ache. Went to the dentist yesterday who said my guns were inflamed and that I would need a deep clean over a few weeks, though did not think they were the problem. Have to say that I have had gum bleeding, which someone said is a sign of thyroid problems.

Trial team believe the increase of dose was for too short period to have caused concern. I recall getting hoarse and having to clear my throat prior to feeling rough but put it down to talking in the car with air con and the air con in my office. I’m wondering if this has been brewing for a long time! I’ve not taken the drug since March. I’m convinced this is the cause of my stomach issue and think it’s played havoc with my pancreas.

Spoke with GP today - waste of time. Refused to see me to check my neck and requested I send images which I’ve done. Received no communication back. She said that I recently had a host of bloods taken - correct, and the thyroid bloods were clear. She said these would have been out if I had an issue with it, but I’ve been told the levels can be normal in cancer. Anyone know? And yes, I don’t trust what she’s saying as I’m sure I’ve been put down with anxiety.

It does seem that I drifting from one thing to another but feel so rough and uncomfortable with my face and feel the Dr is not taking It seriously as I have mentioned my concerns on many things over the past 5 months.

Re: Thyroid Cancer Concerns

It sounds like something is going on, but I doubt cancer. It sounds like some sort of viral infection, maybe? How long have you had these symptoms?

I'd be very surprised if you had thyroid cancer with all your thyroid tests coming back normal. Have you had TSH, thyroglobulin, thyroid peroxidase? If you had a cancer, I'm certain at least one of those tests would be well out.

Why would your doctor not take you seriously? We all need to learn to trust medical professionals who spend years training, myself included.

I'm not sure if this is possible but are you able to change the title of this thread? The reason I ask is that a member of this forum has recently been diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and I imagine it would trigger anxiety for them during this time.

I appreciate this isnt any of my business but as we are all here because of anxiety, I am trying to shield the person affected a bit is all. Please feel free to tell me to sod off. I am only trying to be kind is all and mean no offense.

O. O, I’ve not been right since end of Jan then beginning of Feb. I noticed April time that I had gained some chins despite loosing 5-6kgs. The swelling started June and the feeling of swollen glands has been very prominent for the past few weeks. I’ve posted so much on here over the previous months and had suspicions of many ailments. Not sure what specific thyroid Tests were made, it just showed thyroid panel. I also an extensive list of other bloods taken, FBC, PSA, Vit B12, liver, kidney, CRP, ferritin, to name a few - all of which were within range.

Pav, don’t be silly, I know no offence was intended. I am unable to change the header. I actually wanted to carry on from my previous post and change that header.

I felt that I was taken seriously until my missus mentioned to my cardiologist that she believes I’m suffering from extreme anxiety and focusing all my energies into trying to self diagnose and looking up about Covid. She claims my persona and demeanour has really changed and she is worried. This has certainly become a strain within our relationship. This has been plastered on my records and included in a letter to my GP. I also found out that she sent the GP, who she knows personally, an email worrying about my state of mind being overly anxious. My GP has mentioned that he has had more contact with me in the past few months than within 3 years.

My take on this is more frustration than anxiety though I admit that I’m concerned.
    I want answers to why I am feeling so ill and have been for 6 months now. Three weeks ago I could hardly eat and felt extremely nauseated after consuming a small amount of food. I bloated easy and felt extremely full. This has however improved though I’m still getting stomach issues.

I said to my missus this evening, the neck swelling and face swelling is not anxiety. It is causing me anxiety.

The Dr should have allowed me into the surgery to be checked today, she refused. I had a dental appointment yesterday but can’t get to see the GP. That’s not right or acceptable! I sent images of my face normal and how it is now. No reply no acknowledgment!

Aye it is almost as if the entire health service has forgotten that people get ill with other things isnt it? I would take comfort in what your doctor said about your bloods. Your doctor will be following the rules regarding not seeing you and is probably out of their control.

I can see where I’m displaying signs of anxiety. I’ve woken this morning and straight away started to think the swollen glands in my neck. I’m thinking the longer this is left the worse scenario I could face. If it’s something nasty, has it spread. Is that why I’m getting some joint stiffness. Could the chest discomfort be because it’s in my lymph system. The thoughts go on and on. I suppose this is what many refer to as spiralling. I get reassurance in short bursts, after getting the results of my many tests, but it’s short lived. I was getting a lot of back pain in kidney area, passing microscopic blood and protein. I was convinced I was going into kidney failure as also had puffiness in my legs, ankles and arms, which I still get. When the bloods come back clear I was relieved but then start to think a week or so later the status may have changed now and the function has declined.

My focus is now thyroid and my glands, neck and face swelling. I’ve read about the effects of this trial drug that I’m on which can cause thyroid cancer and I’m convinced that’s it. My mind goes into overdrive to find out more information, so I do a lot of research online and think about it constantly. I get frustrated that I can’t get To see a Dr or that they are not giving this the attention it deserves. This is where my missus says this is not a normal approach and that I need to talk to someone. As Fisherman said in my pancreatic post, what has been the trigger. I haven’t been like this for 10 years or so and experience similar reaction then, but I was worse back then and lived my life on here, ringing cancer advice lines or paying for tests. But again, I had physical symptoms without any answers.

If I were reading this post I would think this poor soul is drifting from one thing to another and needs to stop worrying, believe what the Drs saying, take comfort in the bloods and scans have been negative and get your life back. But as I’m the one experiencing the issues, my face, neck and throat now, I can’t take that advice on as something is going on and I need answers to be able to close it and move on or just for my neck and face puffiness to go. Not sure if people can relate to this.

I’m also wondering if I’ve actually had mild Covid and I’m one of those that are the unfortunate long termers. I say this as a lot of the symptoms I had from the onset are classic Covid symptoms. Reading the blogs of people that are suffering long term effects, I can relate to what a lot of them are experiencing. I have the Kings Covid app where you have to submit how your feeling and what symptoms are being experienced. Surprising, so many are on the checklist including facial swelling and skin issues. I have a load of spots that appeared on my stomach and groin.

I keep experiencing burning eyes, especially upon waking, burning irritated nose and throat issues like a dust. Keep having to clear my throat. My missus is convinced it’s hayfever but I’ve never had this before. Then, I’m usually at work for best part of the day in air con office or commuting in my air con car. We have a lot of trees around us and a few fields. It’s all so bizarre.

surprisingly enough, I’ve had no further back pain - hope I’m not tempting fate! I’m not even worrying about my legs or arms now as I’m not feeling the constant pressure in them.

Sorry to ramble on and apologies for any typos as I’ve drafted this on my iPhone.

Thyroid Issues / Bloods

Anyone know whether thyroid bloods would be normal if a cancer or tumour is present? I know over/active thyroid issues would be indicate abnormal readings.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information