Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you feel internal piles if you insert finger

Can internal piles be diagnosed by just an internal exam at doctor's office

Sorry for the gross question but I'm in a small panic over anal cancer.
    About 2 weeks ago I was feeling a bit uncomfortable there so I had a feel around that area but I also inserted my finger a bit too, not too much though. I know this sounds gross but I was in a bad way. I definitely felt something up in there, it was round and smooth and not hard.
    I went to my doctor last week but she only had a look at that area, didn't give me an internal. She said I did have piles, presumably on the outside, and gave me cream for them.
    I'm just worried that she didn't feel what I felt. Is it likely it was an internal pile I felt? I just think I remember reading somewhere that internal piles cannot be felt during an internal exam, so I'm a bit scared as to what I felt.
    Surely if a person has internal piles then they can be felt with a finger?
    Has anyone had internal piles diagnosed by just an internal exam? Not having a scope or any other kind of procedure?
    Can't believe I'm writing this but that's HA for you!!!
    Last edited by BrokenGirl; 14-07-20 at 20:59.

Re: Can internal piles be diagnosed by just an internal exam at doctor's office

I just wanted to add in here as well that my doctor started me on Lyrica tablets last week.She said it's a small dose for now, 50mg twice a day, just to get me started.
    I did find them helpful for a couple of days, and was able to not think about or worry about my anal cancer fear. But for the past 2 days I haven't found the tablets as effective. I think my dose needs to be increased, just like the doctor said, so I'm wondering if that's what is causing me to suddenly become worried about anal cancer again?
    I hope so, but really hope to get some reassurance about internal piles being diagnosed just by an internal exam.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Can't believe I'm writing this....
    Neither can I!

Positive thoughts and NOPE!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sorry Fishman, I know this isn't normal behaviour. I really am trying to sort myself out, and I'm so disappointed with this after a reasonably good few days. I thought I was finished worrying about this one.
    But do you mind me asking, when you said "Nope" at the end of your reply, what were you referring to? Did you mean that internal piles cannot be diagnosed by a doctor when they examine you, or did you mean something different?

Sorry Fishman, I know this isn't normal behaviour. I really am trying to sort myself out, and I'm so disappointed with this after a reasonably good few days. I thought I was finished worrying about this one.
    But do you mind me asking, when you said "Nope" at the end of your reply, what were you referring to? Did you mean that internal piles cannot be diagnosed by a doctor when they examine you, or did you mean something different?
    Look, I get it that mental illness can cause very unusual behaviors but when I say "NOPE", I'm saying no matter what was going on down there, I wouldn't be finger probing my own rear end! Heck, I had to use suppositories during and after cancer treatment to help me go and besides the thought bringing back bad memories, it was uncomfortable as hell! I can assure you I don't even look forward to that 5 second prostate exam at my annual physical!

Please trust your doctor and don't go taking pictures and posting them for opinions Ok?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's not that I don't trust my doctor. I'm generally fairly good at trusting and believing what the doctor says. But my concern is that she didn't give me an internal exam. She just had a look at the outside and said yes I have piles. So whatever I felt inside, she didn't feel it. So I'm worried it was something else other than a pile I felt.
    And when I say I felt something inside, I'm not talking the full length of my finger or anything like that, it's more like the length of my finger nail or a tiny bit more. So not too far in.
    And don't worry, there'll be no pictures taken of any of this. I like to think I have some limits

Re: Can you feel internal piles if you insert finger

There goes my homemade fish fingers I was enjoying eating

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    There goes my homemade fish fingers I was enjoying eating
    Maybe you should have thought about your fish fingers before you read the thread.

I wish I wasn't writing this stuff but my anxiety is crippling me right now. And health anxiety is only part of the problem. I have a lot of other shit going on in my life at the moment too.

I'm sorry if what I'm writing isn't what you want to read, but please don't try to make me feel guilty about it. I have read and seen a LOT WORSE on this forum and I don't judge those people. If anything, my heart breaks for most of them, because it only shows how bad their anxiety is and how far they have fallen. It can happen to anyone!!!

l totally feel for you brokengirl HA makes us do things we normally wouldn't, don't feel bad about it its part of the illness god knows the things its made me think and do xx

l hope you can find some peace xx take care xx

best wishes xx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Maybe you should have thought about your fish fingers before you read the thread.

I wish I wasn't writing this stuff but my anxiety is crippling me right now. And health anxiety is only part of the problem. I have a lot of other shit going on in my life at the moment too.

I'm sorry if what I'm writing isn't what you want to read, but please don't try to make me feel guilty about it. I have read and seen a LOT WORSE on this forum and I don't judge those people. If anything, my heart breaks for most of them, because it only shows how bad their anxiety is and how far they have fallen. It can happen to anyone!!!
    You had a period away from forum so assume you were doing OK. But irrespective, relapses/blips happen and there is absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. That is what NMP is for.

From what you have said, this is your anxiety playing up, rather than anything sinister going on physically. Deep down you know that too, BG.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information