Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else experience non stop bleeding

Anyone else experience non stop bleeding

Has anyone else experienced a period bleeding for over a month?.
    My periods have been all over the place since Jan. I hadn't had a period for 6 weeks before this bleeding.
    Bleeding at ovulation, cycle length is different each month, stopping and starting, period length is longer and shorter and now this.
    Had Transvaginal scan in April, which was normal.
    I was put on Cerazette to help bleeding, but it hasn't.
    Spoke to doctor, not concerned, have a gynae appt at sometime in the future.
    Terrified its cancer. Bleeding seems to get redder and slightly more every week. I've started needing a pad now. Have at least 2 medium sized clots a day. Always red blood when wiping.
    4 GPs not concerned, sonographer said uterus looked healthy.
    Last edited by Brizzle; 16-07-20 at 15:13.

Re: Anyone else experience non stop bleeding

I’ve had spirting every day which is how I discovered I had a cyst. But seeing as though you’ve had a TVUS then that rules that out.
    I think you have to take heart from the fact that no-one is overly concerned & that the gynaecologist will be able to help sort this out.
    I know it’s worrying though, I really do. I’ve been through something similar before and am again at the moment. Please keep talking to us if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. The GPs wont give me another scan, just tell me to wait for gynae appt.
    My periods were all over the place so not sure how they worked out womb thickness was ok, it was 10mm. I was scanned on day 14 of a 23 day cycle. My periods were all over the place. Again they dont seem to care. The sonographer said lining etc looked healthy and same consistency/thickness all over. No fibroids/polyps etc. No obvious cause for bleeding. No fluid.
    I've convinced myself I have stage 4 womb cancer and am dying. Although logically they would see a tumour on the scan at that stage.
    Now my symptoms have changed, why wont they give me another scan?
    They keep saying I have to sort out my mental health, but I cant with this bleeding.
    Last edited by Brizzle; 16-07-20 at 15:13.

I understand, it’s really tough. How long have you been waiting for a gynaecologist appt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ! My last period went on for 28 days (broke my previous record of 21 days lol) - prior to that I had no bleeding for 8-9 weeks. Everything you talk about Brizzle I have experienced too and even more irregularity than you describe here :( Heading to menopause is no joke for some women, there are the lucky few for whom periods just stop and then there are those who have miserable irregular and scary experiences. I can totally understand. It is the ever-changing nature of those little internal hormonal tweaks that cause the most bizzare 'cycles'. I call them cycles, but its worth remembering that they aren't proper cycles any more, they are infact the hormones varying wildly, ovaries clapping out and non-ovulation.
    Last edited by Carys; 16-07-20 at 22:18.

God knows when my gynae appt is. Still bleeding, really dont think this going to stop. Really scared it's something bad bleeding. Thanks for repliex

The GP can give you hormonal medication to stop the bleeding, but to reassure you I have heard of women have many weeks during perimenopause of on and off bleeding.

I had this in my mid twenties, so it was unrelated to menopause or peri menopause. The doc couldn’t find a cause. My hormone levels were normal and my ultrasound was clear. No cause was found except a fibroid, however they said the fibroid wouldn’t cause the kind of bleeding I had. My bleeding was off and on for almost 8 months. It was awful. I wore panty liners and pads everyday. Some days it was just spotting, other days it was quite a lot of blood. But anyway, I guess these things happen sometimes and there doesn’t have to be a serious cause for it. Even though my hormone levels were within the normal range I think they were slightly out of whack for me. Hormones are a delicate issue and I don’t think we know enough about hormonal balances and imbalances.

I started taking vitex tablets for my imbalance and it did fix my bleeding issue. Vitex is a natural supplement so you don’t need a prescription for it. I took Vitex for almost 4 months before it worked completely. I noticed a difference within the first week and my menstrual cycle normalized for a bit but I still had breakthrough bleeding. It was quite remarkable how well it worked. However since I’m not a medical professional I don’t want to advise that you take anything unless If you have done your research or spoken to your doc I know this was a super long answer but I was literally in the same boat as you so I *had* to help!

Thanks for reply. I haven't taken my Cerazette for the last 3 days and the bleeding has gone down but not stopped. No longer showing on pad etc. I'm now worried if it doesn't stop off the pill it means I've got something sinister going on.
    My GP actually emailed a consultant at the hospital after I had my scan in April, about my erratic bleeding( not the bleeding I'm having now). He said my lining might be slightly thick by a couple of mm, but that would make sense if I'm not having proper periods. Otherwise he wasnt concerned. He said gynae would see me to put my mind ar rest, not an urgent appt, more for my mental state.
    I am trying very hard to get on with stuff, but in the back of my head I've convinced myself I've got terminal womb cancer. The GP said it would have been seen on the scan, as the scan is very precise. The sonographer made a point of saying my uterus was healthy on the scan. I just wish this bloody bleeding would stop.
    Appreciate the replies, I have a son and am convinced this time next year I will be dead.
    Anyway I'm off to watch Murder She Wrote and take the Guinea pig to the vet.
    Thanks again everyone, it's very helpful to let off steam here.

Well, bleeding went away last night, back this morning. It has got a lot lighter since stopping Cerazette 5 days ago. But the fact it's still there is worrying me badly. It has to be something else. It's not heavy and I dont have clots. I'm worried my womb lining is building up. Doesn't show on pad, even after a long walk. But surely this consistent bleeding is a sign of something. I dont trust the scan, as I've convinced myself it's wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information