Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else experience non stop bleeding

Re: Anyone else experience non stop bleeding

I've known women in perimenopause have bleeding for weeks and months and months, nothing wrong other than hormone imbalance - your GP can prescribe norethisterone and for many women that stops the problem. It could be that your progesterone is too low to 'halt' the bleeding as you had/have cycles without ovulation. I'm sorry you are struggling this way, I know how scary it can be having had weeks like this myself, but it is also a possibility that your stress level is keeping natural progesterone low (as the body makes adrenaline rather than progesterone from the cortisol, when you are stressed). I personally also looked into natural ways to balance things - certain foods like seeds are good for helping the body to naturally increased progesterone, and I also started doing meditation and relaxation exercises daily. They did make a difference.

Menopausematters forum is a good resource for advice on all things hormone. :0)
    Last edited by Carys; 24-07-20 at 12:58.

Ok, thank you. All the doctors keep saying my scan is fine and not to worry about it. I'm very worried about the 10mm womb lining. My womb lining looked uniform and healthy. I've been overweight for years, so convinced I've given myself womb cancer. Doctor dismissed this, I'm not diabetic. When I came off Cerazette my bleeding has lessened, it's not heavy.
    My GP said if there was something very bad going on, they would see it on the scan. I dont even have fibroids or polyps. Which makes me worry its cancer. Anyway, thanks again.

Have a think about what you want the doctor to do and why? Then maybe write it down here, sleep on it over the weekend and decide on Monday whether you want to go ahead with talking to them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brizzle a scan would have shown anything up even minor - and I believe that women in peri generally have thicker womb linings than at usual times in life. 11 mm is considered the benchmark thickness for further checks, and even then they are just checks (like biopsy if relevant) and don't mean there IS endrometrial cancer! You really need to do some work now on 'unconvincing yourself', hence why I recommend the forum specifically for these matters. Even if you just read on there, and don't join, you will get reassurance and other experiences of exactly the same thing (bleeding and normal scan results). Scass gave some good advice there, really think, don't just 'headless chicken' into panic here - do you want to try some hormone meds ? Can you try reducing your stress and anxiety, using various approaches (as I did)? There is no concern about the womb lining, so its not that causing the bleeding, but you could always request a repeat scan in a few months to see where you stand ? I can honestly see why you have these nagging doubts in your head - our whole lives we are taught to look out for certain warning signs and suddenly the goal posts change when you enter the end of the reproductive years and head into erratic territory.

I also want to remind you of this post you made in May -

I had a couple of missed periods in Aug/ Sept 2018.
    Odd discharge 10 days before period Jan/Feb 2019.
    Have had bleeding in March/April. Starts 12 days before period.
    Had transvaginal scan in April, 10mm thickness, no fluid, ovaries grossly normal, womb lining same thickness and consistency all over, womb lining looks healthy. No fibroids/polyps. No obvious cause for bleeding or other.
    I am convinced I have womb cancer, since my missed periods.
    Sonographer not worried, 3 GPs not worried. Said after this time, something would have shown up. Blood tests normal, including menopause test.
    I have been put on Cerazette for irregular bleeding, I have had no bleeding since I started the tablet earlier this month. Doctor thinks hormones and perimenopause. She discussed it with colleagues and thinks I need a very mild tablet to help with progesterone.
    I feel better as well. Night sweats better, sleeping better with quite vivid dreams, joint ache better, libido slowly returning, insane anxiety calmed down. I've had these symptoms since my missed periods.
    I have a slight watery discharge at the moment, which is a new worry.
    Is it good the bleeding has stopped pretty much straight away?
    Really losing the will to get up in the morning. Thank you.
    I've also developed a cough and convinced it metastatic cancer in lungs.
    So, 3 GPs have said that you are peri (incidentally I hadn't even read this thread before I KNEW you were in peri and heading to meno like myself!). Everything you talk about, and more, you will find women are experiencing just like yourself whilst going through 'the change'. Its not called 'the change' for nothing ! It is not cycles anymore, so you can cast aside the thought of 'a period' in the usual fashion, cycles are no longer a cycle, it is irregular bleeding now.

Well, after about 10 days of bleeding going down to almost nothing, its returned. Watery very red blood. Phoned doctor again, said she would email gynae. Said she couldn't magic appointment out of thin air.
    I've given up with this, no one is listening. This cant not be sinister, it's not possible.

Have you read anything on the site I recommended ?

It really CAN be nothing sinister! And in fact as you’ve had all the relevant checks it is very unlikely that it’s anything other than an annoyance.

I’ve had plenty of bleeding I thought would never end, it’s so common as we age and get closer to ‘the change’ too, I’m unfortunately no where near that point myself yet, but I remember my mum going through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Finally got a gynae appt for 24th August at 11.20 am. Terrified about what they will say, but glad I dont have to wait in limbo. Thanks to all the replies so far, very kind.

Bleeding has been gone for 3 days. Just have a white discharge now, probably thrush. Have a pain in right side. Worried about gynae appt. At least bleeding has stopped. No idea if that was the pill or my body. But something must be working ok for the bleeding to stop on it's own. Bit of a coincidence it stopped after I stopped the Cerazette pill. I've been fat for years, if I have got cancer it's my fault. No need to reply, just feeling sorry for myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information