Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurt peroneal tendon in ankle! When will it heal??

Hurt peroneal tendon in ankle! When will it heal??

A couple of weeks ago I tweaked what I think is the peroneal tendon in my left foot.

It felt mild at first so I went on a walk but it started hurting more and more. For a couple of days afterwards I could barely walk.

For the next two weeks I rested it completely - literally only walking between bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen. It seemed to be getting better and not hurting much.

I then tried walking round my garden a bit and I could sort of feel it but it wasn't too bad.

Today I tried to go on a walk and after quarter of a mile I was limping and had to turn back.

I've realised now that it isn't getting better at all - if I tried to do a long walk it would be just as bad as it was two weeks ago.

If I walk on tiptoes, it doesn't hurt.

Should I go to the doctor? What have I done, and will it heal?? I can't not walk - it's my main hobby, and I need to get outside in nature. Has anybody else had anything like this, and what happened?

Thanks.

Re: Hurt peroneal tendon in ankle! When will it heal??

I would get a proper diagnosis from a professional and take it from there as then you will know what you are really dealing with and how to treat it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nicola, I'm going to speak to my doc on Tues but I was wondering if anybody had experienced anything similar.

I'm scared it's going to be one of those chronic conditions like tendonitis or something and I'll never really be able to walk again.

It literally just came out of nowhere.

I don’t know what that tendon is. I have tendinitis in my heels. It wouldn’t hurt if I was up on tiptoes either. It generally hurts if I wear flat shoes or shoes with no support, or sometimes when I get up in the morning. The tendons on my heels are visibly raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scass. I'll be pretty gutted if it's that. I walk and hike so much.

It's only one foot at the moment, and there are no visible signs. I'll see what the doctor says.

I agree that it's worth having looked at so you know exactly what the issue is and can get advice on stretches or exercises to help. I had achilles tendonitis that lasted for about a year, but it did get better with rest, ice, and the right shoes. Even when it was bad I could still walk, it just would be sore after. Now, I've starting walking more and being more active and found shoes that don't irritate it and it's not come back, so it's certainly possible even for bad tendonitis to heal with the right treatment plan.

Thanks Erin. How did yours come on - was it like you just felt it all of a sudden?

Get a proper diagnosis but it sounds like what my wife had a few years ago. She got some good insoles for her shoes. She is right as rain now.

Hi yes, see your Dr for a diagnosis as you may need an X-Ray/ultrasound. Let us know the outcome xx

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thanks Scass. I'll be pretty gutted if it's that. I walk and hike so much.

It's only one foot at the moment, and there are no visible signs. I'll see what the doctor says.
    You still can, you just need to follow the exercises and wear good shoes/boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information