Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics of Covid 19

Re: The Politics of Covid 19

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    That is your "official" angle, old ham.

The data held by Surgisphere should be made available for independent scrutiny/audit so experts can judge the real "veracity" of these studies:

And it's interesting that Fauci himself approved HydroxCl for all Coronaviruses, including SARS, which apparently shares 80% of its genome with COVID-19.

Smells fishier than a Wuhan wet market.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/cover-...iruses/5713659
    Whilst I agree that data should always be made available, the fact remains that your claim of a Lancet publication showing hydroxychloroquine as effective and then mysteriously disappearing is wrong. There was no effort to suppress this drug, and in fact there was an effort made to ensure the data provided was accurate and that trials would continue. So yes, your original claim is evidently wrong.

I don’t know how Dr Fauci can say that a drug is effective against a strain of virus that simply didn’t exist at the time, either.

This just reeks of a need to go against science. Yourself and “agent N” have been very vocal about the potential risks of new vaccines and treatments for Covid-19, but you both seem to be supporting the use of a drug that has been clinically shown to be both ineffective and potentially dangerous for folk with certain conditions.

That drug is of NO benefit for Covid and IS dangerous I don’t need to explain any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    That drug is of NO benefit for Covid and IS dangerous I don’t need to explain any further.
    Trials are ongoing but the results so far have been poor. They may find it benefits certain age groups or something so it’s certainly worth seeing the trials through, but at this point it looks like the closer it’s scrutinised the more it falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Isn't that exactly why you won't get it? The system is set up to protect the greedy.
    Same as here. Take a read of this: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...145177600.html

I think the only likelihood of change occurring here is if there was to be a Starmer/Moran coalition in 2024 which admittedly is unlikely, unless Brexit turns out to be such a calamity that the disorder and disruption it causes makes Covid-19 akin to the day KFC ran out of chicken and the Tories flee with their stuffed bank accounts abroad.

Even then I seem to recall that a proposition to change to PR was defeated in 2010?

Politics, fundamentally, is a mess here. Vast numbers of the electorate are disenfranchised by FPTP in the UK and it only takes a few thousand voters to completely change the makeup of the country once you take the 'tribal' seats out of the equation.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 06-08-20 at 11:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post

Yet somehow, when it comes to Covid, this grand historical process is suspended? People in authority all have our best interests at heart and are telling the truth?
    Sorry, does not compute.
    Most people know deep down that politicians are psychopaths who don't have their best interests at heart but over time they develop something like Stockholm Syndrome. They're in state of fear and desperately want to believe that governments and politicised "scientific" institutions are trying to keep them safe during a "pandemic" so it's a coping mechanism. A powerful element of this syndrome is that captives will defend their oppressors and attack the rescuers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Most people know deep down that politicians are psychopaths who don't have their best interests at heart but over time they develop something like Stockholm Syndrome. They're in state of fear and desperately want to believe that governments and politicised "scientific" institutions are trying to keep them safe during a "pandemic" so it's a coping mechanism. A powerful element of this syndrome is that captives will defend their oppressors and attack the rescuers.
    Denial is also a coping mechanism.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Denial is also a coping mechanism.

Just saying.
    LMAO

This is an entertaining thread and I think hearing everyone's point of view is a good distraction from anxiety caused by the uncertainties of the pandemic. If we all agreed it would be very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    All governments lie, routinely. Throughout history, someone, somewhere, in a position of governmental authority has been lying about an agenda, withholding facts, spinning events, gaslighting, and persuading others of the need to do XYZ, or else! This includes all wars (that should be obvious I hope) and all attempts at social engineering.

Yet somehow, when it comes to Covid, this grand historical process is suspended? People in authority all have our best interests at heart and are telling the truth?
    Sorry, does not compute.
    Although I agree with much of what you have said, we, the general public, are just as culpable in terms of lying, ignorance and pushing our own personal agendas as politicians are.

And remember we're generally the ones responsible for putting the politicians in power whom we come to dislike, either by actually voting for them or (indirectly) by not even bothering to go out and vote at all whenever we get the opportunity, and instead thinking 'they're all as bad as each other, so why even bother'!!

Strangely, hardly anyone seems to talk about John Major anymore, while many still continue to discuss both his predecessor Thatcher and successor Blair quite a lot, more often than not in an indignant manner.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 06-08-20 at 20:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Strangely, hardly anyone seems to talk about John Major anymore, while many still continue to discuss both his predecessor Thatcher and successor Blair quite a lot, more often than not in an indignant manner.
    For the most part, he was an inoffensive man with a genuinely working-class background. Several people I know knew him and his wife and all of them spoke favourably of them both. Not sure the privatisation of British Rail in the form it took was his best moment though - I think he saw a return of The Big Four, but it didn't work out that way.

The amazing thing is that when you hear him speak now, compared to the shower of shit that comprises the modern Conservative party he seems so... statesmanlike.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information