Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics of Covid 19

The Politics of Covid 19

So I read this earlier today and then heard it mentioned on the radio. Depending on how bad the virus is come this November's Presidential Election the administration is looking into postponing it for 6 months to a year. I have to agree that it would be preferable to voting by mail which is rife for massive voter fraud. And I believe it's within the President's power to do it. Interesting times.

N.

Re: The Politics of Covid 19

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    So I read this earlier today and then heard it mentioned on the radio. Depending on how bad the virus is come this November's Presidential Election the administration is looking into postponing it for 6 months to a year. I have to agree that it would be preferable to voting by mail which is rife for massive voter fraud. And I believe it's within the President's power to do it. Interesting times.

N.
    Sigh, N. Would that radio program have been Rush Limbaugh by any chance?

There's been NO EVIDENCE that voting by mail will be "rife for massive voter fraud." We've been voting by mail for ages with no issues. It just takes a bit longer to count. In fact Trump and all of his buddies have voted by mail themselves.

You can educate yourself here:
    https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86489...u-need-to-know

IMO, the voting by mail story is just a political tactic to keep people from voting who would normally vote against Trump.

Very sad. In a democracy we should be finding more ways to get people to vote; NOT finding more ways to disenfranchise them.

I don't find it interesting; I find it scary. I also find it scary how many intelligent, educated people such as yourself, N, are so trusting of the Trump administration.

It's caused the London mayoral elections to be postponed into 2021.A lot of people will be unhappy with that as Khan seems far from popular.

It's a good job our GE was called early or we would be stuck in limbo with rising bills to EU rescue funds...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's caused the London mayoral elections to be postponed into 2021.A lot of people will be unhappy with that as Khan seems far from popular.
    This is exactly what I'm afraid of Terry. Trump postponing the election as a power-grab...because he's invented emergencies before in order to make executive orders. And now that COVID truly is an emergency in certain areas of our country, he is slow to provide leadership and guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post

There's been NO EVIDENCE that voting by mail will be "rife for massive voter fraud." We've been voting by mail for ages with no issues. It just takes a bit longer to count. In fact Trump and all of his buddies have voted by mail themselves.

You can educate yourself here:
    https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86489...u-need-to-know

IMO, the voting by mail story is just a political tactic to keep people from voting who would normally vote against Trump.

Very sad. In a democracy we should be finding more ways to get people to vote; NOT finding more ways to disenfranchise them.

I don't find it interesting; I find it scary. I also find it scary how many intelligent, educated people such as yourself, N, are so trusting of the Trump administration.
    No it wasn't Rush. But so what if it were. It's a legitimate possibility.

And you are OOYFM if you think there's no evidence of vote by mail fraud. I don't have to look any further than the Local I once served. They got into huge trouble with the NLRB because of mail in ballots. I've always said if you want to know where the voter fraud is just look at who doesn't want voter ID and that's who's committing the fraud.

But back to the issue at hand. If covid rules are still in place come November should President Trump postpone the election? I say yes of course. If he wins in 2021 the he serves 3 more years and he's done. If creepy Joe were to win then the 3 years doesn't count as a full term and he could potentially serve for 11 years...of course he'll be 110 but hey.
    So we either have no vote by mail (which is easily corrupted) or postpone the election.

N.

And you can educate yourself here.

I'd say this is another DemoCat dirty trick!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...on-in-the-mail

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post

Here in the UK it's always the political right that kick off about postal voting being rife with fraud - usually when they don't win.

That's because all the voter fraud/intimidation is on the left...just like the violence and mayhem we're now seeing.
    Last edited by Noivous; 18-07-20 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    That's because a the voter fraud/intimidation is on the left...just like the violence and mayhem we're now seeing.
    One word: bullshit.

Try harder, Nervous.

LOL...How dare you swear on this site young lady!

... it's the truth though. All the voter fraud is on the Left.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information