Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics of Covid 19

Re: The Politics of Covid 19

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    I never rated UB40 (or You Bore Me Stupid) when they were doing the rounds of university campuses back in the early eighties (I was an undergrad then). I found their politics juvenile and the music pseudo-reggae. Far better bands around then putting out political and social observations .... The Smiths for one. Morrissey never opens his mouth nowadays .... I thought the political an social madness of the last few years would have been right up there on his soapbox. Perhaps he has just got older like the rest of us and thinking why bother?
    No ageism nor hatred of said artist(s) intended, but perhaps many also consider Morrissey and his ilk 'old hat' and less newsworthy nowadays.

Same also for Phil Collins, who was also well known for addressing many political and social issues in many of his songs back in the 80s and early 90s, both solo and with Genesis.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 03-08-20 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Doctor's on the front lines isn't anecdotal pal.
    It’s been physically proven to be anecdotal. There was obviously some early promise with the drug, why else would it even have been put through such vigorous trials if there weren’t, but upon closer and, crucially, more randomised study, it has been shown consistently to make not one iota of difference in either cure or prevention.

Hey, you're alive, Noivous!

Morrissey never opens his mouth nowadays .... I thought the political an social madness of the last few years would have been right up there on his soapbox.
    Errrr.... he does open his mouth (usually on Twitter) and has become very right-wing these days, supporting the far-right political party For Britain.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8973276.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Errrr.... he does open his mouth (usually on Twitter) and has become very right-wing these days, supporting the far-right political party For Britain.

He lives here in LA, but you all can have him back

Actually, his cult following is here. And I think a lot of his music fans here don't care about his politics because he tweets mostly about British politics.

I am one of those luddites who doesn't use Twitter. Place full of hatred, poison and bile from all sides of the political spectrum

I am one of those luddites who doesn't use Twitter. Place full of hatred, poison and bile from all sides of the political spectrum
    Best avoided then.

This forum is probably the closest I'll ever get to social media.

I remember back in its earlier years YouTube had a more 'Wild West' vibe to it where 'anything goes', not just the content of the material uploaded to it but the comments sections underneath were often cesspits of expletive-ridden (and often racist) tirades, even if the actual content was something fairly innocuous, as I recall back in 2008 re-watching an old favourite episode of The Sooty Show and some stupid moron posted in the comments section underneath something like 'P**is are f***ing c***s'!

(The offending words above were spelled out in full in the aforementioned YouTube comments)

People with a screw loose, and nothing better to be doing than to post abusive comments on a random video, that were contextually irrelevant!!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 03-08-20 at 18:42.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    He lives here in LA, but you all can have him back
    Nah, you can keep him. We don't want him back. Typical hypocrisy of so many Brit "stars" - moan about the state of the UK from their Hollywood mansions.

Nah, you can keep him. We don't want him back. Typical hypocrisy of so many Brit "stars" - moan about the state of the UK from their Hollywood mansions.
    Yeah. While I can't blame anyone for wanting to live here in socal, as the weather pretty much is paradise most of the time, we do have a lot people who made money in other places and then move out here to drive our prices up! I guess, as long as they pay their taxes, I can't complain too much, though. Harry and Meghan better not be dodging any taxes!

Totally crazy if you ask me.

Whatever goes on here in Blighty shouldn't really be his problem or concern any more, as he packed up and moved across the Atlantic in pursuit of a supposedly better life ages ago, but still has the nerve to sneer at us!!

As we all know full well, the USA has its problems too, like virtually every other country throughout the world.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information