Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics of Covid 19

Re: The Politics of Covid 19

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    There is far more to the Lancet story - including a group of MDs in the US who dared to speak out against Fauci and the WHO re Hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19. Suffice to say, they were quickly censored and shut down on YouTube and other SM platforms.

But let's look at a country like Turkey which didn't enforce a "full" nationwide lockdown like the UK and is routinely using Hydroxychloroquine (in conjunction with steroid meds in some cases) to treat COVID-19 patients. In country with a greater population than the UK it has a low "COVID-19-related" death toll of 5,700. 220,000 COVID-19 patients are said to have recovered.

So President Erdogan is doing something right by rejecting WHO "directives", as are some other countries we rarely hear about on the BBC and mainstream news
    Again, the Lancet publication actually showed the drug to be causing really bad side effects and increased death rates. It was retracted after it was pointed out by other scientists that the data behind the study was incomplete for peer review. When the retraction of the article happened, trials that had been halted recommenced and many continue to this day. In what way is that suppressing hydroxychloroquine?

So no, the Lancet didn’t put out something that proved hydroxychloroquine effective and were then forced to retract it, as was your original claim, quite the opposite. I’m frankly no longer interested in further tangents. Your original claim is evidently wrong. Simple as that.

Going back to the original topic, Trump today encouraged people in Florida to vote by mail, yet he was trying to block it in Nevada a couple days ago. Trump is a mess, Noivous.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2020/...-mail-ballots/

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    The thought of those who live in ivory towers comes to mind ... too many liberal intellectuals aspiring to be 'of the people' when in fact they have no connection to the class of people in question. London is full of them - most are in the Labour Party which ceased being a party of the working classes in the 1940s. Political and social Utopia is a pipe dream - hasn't worked in Eastern Europe and won't ever work in the West.

All that the current crisis has done is given people too much time to think and exercise political lunacy. When people get back to relative normality and have productive things to occupy their minds (like going back to work) I suspect all the political and social idiocy will fade away to the background ... where it belongs quite frankly.
    I think a lot of the so-called political and social idiocy and the general ignorance within our society was already a thing well before Corona.

Just that CV is the latest in a long line of fodder for 'political and social idiocy'. It's as if stuff like Brexit and fears of terrorism have now pretty much been cast aside and forgotten about, where as pre-Corona they both seemed to be the foremost concerns of this country!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Trump is a mess
    Not just a mess, Vee - Trump is terrified a lot of chickens will come home to roost in November and he may well not be able to ride the populist wave that saw him elected in 2016. It's sad that America's youth are being asked to choose between two white septuagenarians to govern them, but there you go. I'm just hoping the fashion for unthinking populism for the hard of thinking is about to die a death; it's making a mess all over the world right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Not just a mess, Vee - Trump is terrified a lot of chickens will come home to roost in November and he may well not be able to ride the populist wave that saw him elected in 2016. It's sad that America's youth are being asked to choose between two white septuagenarians to govern them, but there you go. I'm just hoping the fashion for unthinking populism for the hard of thinking is about to die a death; it's making a mess all over the world right now.
    Oh, I totally agree PM. I'm not happy with the alternative to Trump. That's why I think it's time to rework the two-party system and electoral college...and when we do, make sure we hear from as many types of Americans as possible. I think we need to remember that our diversity is a defining characteristic of our country, not something we need to try to dispose of...

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Again, the Lancet publication actually showed the drug to be causing really bad side effects and increased death rates. It was retracted after it was pointed out by other scientists that the data behind the study was incomplete for peer review. When the retraction of the article happened, trials that had been halted recommenced and many continue to this day. In what way is that suppressing hydroxychloroquine?

So no, the Lancet didn’t put out something that proved hydroxychloroquine effective and were then forced to retract it, as was your original claim, quite the opposite. I’m frankly no longer interested in further tangents. Your original claim is evidently wrong. Simple as that.
    That is your "official" angle, old ham.

The data held by Surgisphere should be made available for independent scrutiny/audit so experts can judge the real "veracity" of these studies:

The findings led to the pause of some global clinical trials studying hydroxychloroquine so researchers could check for any safety concerns. Outside experts, however, quickly raised concerns after noticing inconsistencies in the data. They asked the company that compiled and analyzed the data, Surgisphere, to explain how it sourced its data.
    As scrutiny grew, the authors on the paper not affiliated with Surgisphere called for an independent audit. In their Lancet statement Thursday, they said that Surgisphere was not cooperating with the independent reviewers and would not provide the data.
    “As such, our reviewers were not able to conduct an independent and private peer review and therefore notified us of their withdrawal from the peer-review process,” the researchers wrote.

And it's interesting that Fauci himself approved HydroxCl for all Coronaviruses, including SARS, which apparently shares 80% of its genome with COVID-19.

Smells fishier than a Wuhan wet market.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/cover-...iruses/5713659

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Oh, I totally agree PM. I'm not happy with the alternative to Trump. That's why I think it's time to rework the two-party system and electoral college...and when we do, make sure we hear from as many types of Americans as possible. I think we need to remember that our diversity is a defining characteristic of our country, not something we need to try to dispose of...
    Isn't that exactly why you won't get it? The system is set up to protect the greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Isn't that exactly why you won't get it? The system is set up to protect the greedy.
    Yup :/

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    That is your "official" angle, old ham.

The data held by Surgisphere should be made available for independent scrutiny/audit so experts can judge the real "veracity" of these studies:

And it's interesting that Fauci himself approved HydroxCl for all Coronaviruses, including SARS, which apparently shares 80% of its genome with COVID-19.

Smells fishier than a Wuhan wet market.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/cover-...iruses/5713659
    The original source of this article is True Pundit though.

All governments lie, routinely. Throughout history, someone, somewhere, in a position of governmental authority has been lying about an agenda, withholding facts, spinning events, gaslighting, and persuading others of the need to do XYZ, or else! This includes all wars (that should be obvious I hope) and all attempts at social engineering.

Yet somehow, when it comes to Covid, this grand historical process is suspended? People in authority all have our best interests at heart and are telling the truth?
    Sorry, does not compute.
    Last edited by Panicattacka; 06-08-20 at 09:00.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information