Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics of Covid 19

Re: The Politics of Covid 19

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Not according to BoJo..He's not Planning For The Worst even though others are!

I wonder who makes these slogans up? Literally.. I mean that "Get Brexit Done" was meant to be genius but it's pretty basic imo.

I'd go for "It's Anyone's Guess"
    He can't plan for the worst, only 3 word campaign slogans win (the many not the few lost it for Jezza)

They always seem so cheesy too. Remember 'hug a hoodie'?

Three word slogans are a simple marketing tool; they're catchy and stick in the brain.

Remember "Beanz Meanz Heinz" ??

Bereft of policy, all this government can do is rely on soundbites and sloganeering.

Every Little Helps?

Keep Fingers Crossed?

Save Our Skins?

Pass The Buck?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    He can't plan for the worst, only 3 word campaign slogans win (the many not the few lost it for Jezza)

They always seem so cheesy too. Remember 'hug a hoodie'?
    Hug a hoodie? (LOL)!!

The most epic contradiction from Mr. Cameron ever IMO who was otherwise
    forever harping on about 'Broken Britain' and that our streets were ruled by hideous feral marauding teenage mobs and even contemplated bringing back school caning soon after the city riots of August 2011, and he and his fellow cronies imposing decade-long austerity measures.

Far from hugging hoodies IMO!!

Having said that, I now think that time has been a bit kinder to him and I now also would consider him far more credible in comparison to the coward we currently have as PM, who often fails to show up at crucial meetings and seemingly relies too much on his 'minder' Dom C to do the critical thinking for him!!

The complete opposite to Arfur n Tel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Having said that, I now think that time has been a bit kinder to him and I now also would consider him far more credible in comparison to the coward we currently have as PM, who often fails to show up at crucial meetings and seemingly relies too much on his 'minder' Dom C to do the critical thinking for him!!
    I'm afraid I can't ever forgive Cameron for his major act of cowardice in offering that referendum to placate the ERG nutters in his own party and believing people would just accept the status quo. Thankfully my days of doing business in mainland Europe are behind me, because nothing is more disheartening than the dreaded carnet. Nye Bevan applies.

Just another ultra-privileged white man 'playing' politics - and look where we are now. I eagerly await the whining of Express readers suddenly finding their health insurance costs them more than their holiday, or Sun readers moaning that they've just had to shell out £4,000 on data because their kids wanted to watch Peppa Pig on the beach in Spain.

What do you think of peer of the realm Sir Kier, Pamplemousse? He's a tad privileged too, I suspect?

Just to correct: Starmer's a knight, not a peer (and a mate of mine would be screaming "IT'S KEIR!!" at you )

Look up his background; unlike the previous Labour leader, he wasn't born and lived in a manor house before attending prep school. Born in Southwark, raised in Oxted, grammar school boy, studied law at Leeds.

No silver spoon, no Eton and then PPE at Oxford burning £50 notes under the noses of beggars unlike the male Tories since 2010.

Apologies for the source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keir_S..._and_education

Corbyn was far more 'privileged' than Starmer.

By contrast: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Corbyn#Early_life
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 19-07-20 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Just to correct: Starmer's a knight, not a peer (and a mate of mine would be screaming "IT'S KEIR!!" at you )

Look up his background; unlike the previous Labour leader, he wasn't born and lived in a manor house before attending prep school. Born in Southwark, raised in Oxted, grammar school boy, studied law at Leeds.

No silver spoon, no Eton and then PPE at Oxford burning £50 notes under the noses of beggars unlike the male Tories since 2010.

Apologies for the source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keir_S..._and_education

Corbyn was far more 'privileged' than Starmer.

By contrast: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Corbyn#Early_life
    I can think of members of the elite that came out of nothing yet they wouldn't have much of a connection to the working class. I'm not sure Starmer does considering his failure in Brexit policy, something that he tried to let Jezza carry the whole can for when he can be remembered for his leading role.

Speaking of elites, you know what royal actually makes me feel better about myself? Princess Beatrice. Why? That gal is so NOT photogenic. Every photograph taken of her, even ones where she is posing, like at her recent wedding, she looks surprised...like a deer in headlights. I'm not photogenic either; I can't reproduce a natural smile for the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Every Little Helps?

Keep Fingers Crossed?

Save Our Skins?

Pass The Buck?
    This one often gets used but maybe not as a political slogan...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information