Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics of Covid 19

Re: The Politics of Covid 19

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It can't be long now before artists like Stormzy are seen as the older generation to the latest batch of kidults

I don't think I would be expecting more than your average bloke from them. When Stormzy speaks out he sounds a right tool. Probably like a lot of us did when we were young and thought we knew more than we did.

Maybe he will learn a lesson. But I doubt many are expecting them to be on message with the wokesters in those music circles?
    On a similar note, we don't seem to hear much from Lilly Allen these days, who is notorious for openly ranting and raving in an obnoxious manner about political issues, e.g, the Grenfell Tower tragedy in the summer of 2017.

Strangely not a peep from her during the events of 2020 so far, or if so, it's been kept lower key.

During our younger days in the mid-late 90s, the main celebrity gobs**tes here in the UK seemed to be Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams, both of whom were forever at war with each other and radically ranting and raving about pretty much everything one could poke a stick at.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 27-07-20 at 10:12.

Hey I was just looked to see who started this thread...and to my surprise it was me! LOL!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Hey I was just looked to see who started this thread...and to my surprise it was me! LOL!
    Aha. It does have the word "politics" in the title, old boy

Never Surrender, Comrade

I'm not political am I, Mon Capitaine?

Pas du tout, Monseigneur..

En absoluto para nada Senor

Usted es un Trumpistador supremo...!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    On a similar note, we don't seem to hear much from Lilly Allen these days, who is notorious for openly ranting and raving in an obnoxious manner about political issues, e.g, the Grenfell Tower tragedy in the summer of 2017.
    Strangely not a peep from her during the events of 2020 so far, or if so, it's been kept lower key.
    She was funded by Labour. Along with JME, Skepta (JME's brother), and Boy Better Know (BBK). This was during the previous election not the recent one. Wiley knows something about this and is constantly ranting against Skepta. His Twitter is often times funny. Some deals were cut there for promoting Labour to the youth. I believe Jeremy Corbyn was member of BBK: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a7738436.html

That's how ridiculous it gets. A clever ploy to promote labour to the youth and it worked. They're proxies a lot of the time for political agendas. That's not wacko conspiracy either. But, these celebs don't speak until somebody is holding a wad of money under their nose.

Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams were making money from these rants. The more they did it, the more they made. People loved it. But, then there's the UB40 brothers who are genuinely feuding which each other but the media don't care. Doesn't make anybody money.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    She was funded by Labour. Along with JME, Skepta (JME's brother), and Boy Better Know (BBK). This was during the previous election not the recent one. Wiley knows something about this and is constantly ranting against Skepta. His Twitter is often times funny. Some deals were cut there for promoting Labour to the youth. I believe Jeremy Corbyn was member of BBK: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a7738436.html

That's how ridiculous it gets. A clever ploy to promote labour to the youth and it worked. They're proxies a lot of the time for political agendas. That's not wacko conspiracy either. But, these celebs don't speak until somebody is holding a wad of money under their nose.

Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams were making money from these rants. The more they did it, the more they made. People loved it. But, then there's the UB40 brothers who are genuinely feuding which each other but the media don't care. Doesn't make anybody money.
    Although Liam has had a bit of a resurgence as a solo artist recently, and also appears to have toned down his 'wild-boy' antics, Robbie doesn't seem to get the same attention by both the press and the general public these days.

As far as UB40 are concerned, they have been considered old hat since about 1995 or so and we're already a pale shadow of their former selves well before fragmenting from 2008 onwards.

I never rated UB40 (or You Bore Me Stupid) when they were doing the rounds of university campuses back in the early eighties (I was an undergrad then). I found their politics juvenile and the music pseudo-reggae. Far better bands around then putting out political and social observations .... The Smiths for one. Morrissey never opens his mouth nowadays .... I thought the political an social madness of the last few years would have been right up there on his soapbox. Perhaps he has just got older like the rest of us and thinking why bother?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information