Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couldn’t swallow for a few seconds!

Re: Couldn’t swallow for a few seconds!

I’m sorry that so many of you are going through this or have. I also feel a bit better knowing that it’s not complete unheard of as an anxiety symptom. It’s so sucky. Now I can’t eat without thinking about swallowing and it happens every so often. Almost every time I’m chewing solids I can feel the strange feeling of forgetting how to swallow and then the reflex kicks in. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    Hey everyone!

Hope you all are doing well! I had this weird incident 5 days ago. I was watching a movie and was pretty relaxed eating some chips when all of a sudden I couldn’t swallow. The whole thing lasted 3 seconds top and then swallowing was back to normal. It happened again today while eating popcorn and watching a show! I panicked like insane. Again, it went away in seconds. I am now reeling with worry about brain tumors, MS and ALS. Has this ever happened to anyone?
    Yep, many a time.

Still here.

I didn’t want to start a new thread. The swallowing thing has gone away however I noticed that now whenever I eat something sometimes it takes forever to go down my esophagus. I keep swallowing several times to get it down. Yesterday it took an hour for my rice to go down. And no it wasn’t just a “feeling”. It sounds gross but the grains of rice were still at the base of my throat. The day before it was a cherry. I had to swallow several times for it to go down properly. Can still be anxiety? Has this ever happened to anyone? I’m really scared that my esophageal muscles are getting weaker and it’s neuro related :(

I didn’t want to make a new thread but guys I’m having some real issues. The swallowing problem has gone but I feel like I may have nasal regurgitation. It feels like food or liquid is coming up to my nose and then goes down my esophagus. I know liquid is definitely coming up as today when I was having spicy soup and I blew my nose I had some red liquid on the tissue after blowing.

Nasal regurgitation is a horrible symptom to have as it can indicate a neuro disorder. Has this ever happened to anyone? Could anxiety cause me to do this? Really scared right now obviously

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information