Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anal cancer worries

Anal cancer worries

Earlier in week I had diarrhea and probs overwiped as in there was bright red blood on toilet paper and felt sore in anal and perineum area... fast forward 5 days later there is still a lot of pain and stinging so I had a look with mirror this morn and I can see a protruding mass towards back so probs a haemarroid (or maybe a tumour as it doesn’t really match haemarroid pics) it’s basically a loose fleshy flap of skin, but also perineum look like has small tears (I’ve never seen it before so this area may just look like this lol, and there are also three white bumps/lumps on one side of anal crack and the other side looks very puffy and red

I’ve had blood on toilet tissue for years but never worried as I am a bit of an over wiper but I’m horrified at what I’ve found... could cry as the haemarroid looking thing I’ve found is one thing but the blood on toilet paper, three white lumps and weird looking torn perineum have me terrified I’ve been ignoring something for years and am only taking notice now as pain starts in latter stages or something 🙈🙈

Close to crying as no GP services out of hours in my area
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 18-07-20 at 10:52.

Re: Anal cancer worries

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I think what you are feeling/seeing is indeed hemorrhoids plus they can be very painful. You may also have an anal fissure into the bargain. A friend of mine had bad hemorrhoids and ended up with anemia because of blood loss. She put up with hers for years then had an operation to get rid of them.

If you wipe a lot you can cause tears around the anal skin. You may need to use some lubricant to wipe before using a wet wipe. Then use some cream on the area. I get this if I get diarrhea.

Make an appointment to see your Dr next week, then he/she will give you some ointment/pessaries to use.

In the meantime drink lots of water, take a stool softener and try not to worry. Take care x

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Thanks, I’m trying to think it’s just harmarroids, but it’s actually the perineum area and where the spots are that hurt most, rather than where the fleshy flap of skin is, the spots are not all that raised and not really like spots and to be honest could just be part of what’s down there haha as you don’t exactly generally look 👀 they look a bit like a flattish blister but not angry or fluid filled like a blister

Its funny as I've dealt with these kind of digestive and evacuating issues since treatment I've had the very same symptoms for over 7 years. Sucks... yeah... But I know and you know deep down what's going on. Bit of advice: Don't eat jalapenos when you're having a hemmie or fissure outbreak!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Have eventually managed to get an appointment today, they refused to see me at first as sods law it landed up being time of month this morning out the blue, someone called me back after one Doc refused and said I shouldn't have been turned away though thank god as don't think could have waited a full week...

Could the white bumps potentiall be blisters from wiping too much?
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 20-07-20 at 12:32.

Good luck today

Just wanted to say, the flap could be a skin tag. I have one of these, my colorectal dr remarked on it. Up til then I thought it was piles,

inanna xx

Hows it going?, what the doctor said?

Hi, it went ok but not quite the reaction was hoping for. I saw a nurse practitioner and when she had a look she said wow I can see why you are in so much pain. She could see what looked like blisters all around the perineal area of the anus lining and she said the lump was really unsual (not what you want to hear). She said it was quite bug and fleshy as I had described, not firm and thrombosed as she would have been expecting for an external pile but she also said she wasn't confident it was a skin tag either due to where it is coming down from and its appearance. She has given me steroids and a numbing cream and I have to go back next Monday and she said if there isn't much improvement she will have to refer to hospital as they can't diagnose any further at GPs. She said the blisters and broken, inflamed looking skin is also odd as it isn't just around the lump so it can't just be that, that is irritating the lining.

I was kinda upset as had expected to be told it was a pile and a bit of chafing from over wiping but just worse than usual maybe... I pushed her saying but you don't think cancer right and all she would say was lets chat on Monday so I can see if any changes and I'll maybe have a chat with a Doc next week. I pushed it again and she said well given your age, lack of risk factors, family history and how rare anal cancer is we aren't jumping to that conclusion yet, it could just be an unusual pile or skin tag given you had diarrhea last week and are only just coming here after that. It was at this point I added that I have had blood on toilet paper when wiping for year, at least 10-12 years and she was a bit silent, said she would add that to notes but that surely I would have noticed if had been anything like it is for long. In all honesty though I have had pain to some extent wiping over the years and just ignored it until now when the pain is extreme, I can hardly walk or sit!

Just scary that she woundn't commit to telling me its likely nothing and you do hear of ppl only coming forward to get something looked at when in extreme pain annd its too late
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 22-07-20 at 12:43.

I wonder if it's herpes or shingles as they can cause blisters and inflammation in that area too. If it's herpes it will take a couple of weeks to heal up. Cold sore cream with Aciclovir may help even if the blisters have broken.

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information