Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Depression closing in - please help?

Re: Depression closing in - please help?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Of course, PM.

It was basically a really lovely day - they showed up quite early and we spent a few hours talking, and I was able to spoil Mum with lots of jewellery. Dad enjoys it when I do that, too. Afterwards we had a nice leisurely pub lunch then went shopping in Costco before they dropped us back and went on their way.

Mr Iris and I were both a bit tired afterwards so we went for a nap. Unfortunately, either because of the stress or the rich lunch or both (I didn't expect my chicken burger to arrive in a thick batter) I was sick as a dog when I woke up, so I'm having a nice quiet lie down on the sofa now.

Thanks so much for being lovely, everyone.

Oh well...better out than in with the food if it was all a bit too much to digest, I suppose..

Glad it was such a successful day all round though.. You'll still feel knackered tomorrow, I suspect!

Thanks, PM - also thanks for your comment on the electrocution thread. I'm a languages graduate, and these things fascinate me.

Pulisa, you're so right. Planning on having the day off from pretty much everything today and sleeping whenever I need to.

The small cat was brilliant last night when I was exhausted but a bit afraid to sleep - he's not normally terribly social. but he came to join me in bed, accepted plenty of fuss and then curled up next to me until I dropped off.

Animals are very instinctive aren’t they. Glad it gave you some comfort.
    Well done for getting through the day so well, and sorry about the sickness. Loads of lazy loveliness today. Look after yourself, you deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Thanks, PM - also thanks for your comment on the electrocution thread. I'm a languages graduate, and these things fascinate me.
    No such qualifications here (I barely got my 'A' levels) but when my hobby led me to start looking at German (although I'm science-based, at secondary school I had a flair for languages) and later I started looking at Greek I became very interested in etymology, plus looking how Saxon and Romance languages evolved across borders. It's then you realise what a mongrel language English is!

Oh, absolutely, I think it's wonderful how our heritage has shaped our language.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Animals are very instinctive aren’t they. Glad it gave you some comfort.
    Well done for getting through the day so well, and sorry about the sickness. Loads of lazy loveliness today. Look after yourself, you deserve it.

Definitely. When my father died in 1989, it was (then) the biggest shock of my life. At the time, our then neighbours had a bouncy cocker spaniel called Phoebe. That little dog used to just stand with her paws on the fence, quiet as a mouse, and just let you fuss her. I mean, she always wanted fuss but there was something different about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Definitely. When my father died in 1989, it was (then) the biggest shock of my life. At the time, our then neighbours had a bouncy cocker spaniel called Phoebe. That little dog used to just stand with her paws on the fence, quiet as a mouse, and just let you fuss her. I mean, she always wanted fuss but there was something different about this.

When my Dad died he hadn’t driven his car in a year, and I took it about 6 months later. I drove it to his house (he shared with my sister) and when his 18 year old arthritic dog heard the engine she sped out the door with such excitement on her face. She must of thought Dad was coming home. It still brings me to tears thinking of how much she must have missed him. She was such a wonderful dog. My Mum had dementia and she just used to sit with her head on Mums knee and comfort her. She died a year to the day of my Dads funeral.

Hey. Those voices in your head are not telling you the truth. Don't trust them.
    I also often hear similar voices. I understand that these are just my thoughts. And I try to control them. It doesn't always work out, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information