Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Depression closing in - please help?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Depression closing in - please help?

Keep going, BI. Focus on getting through the hours because if this is a blip it will get easier. Take it day by day.

Furthermore, you have proven you're not "worthless" with all the help, support and time you've given others on the forum

Never Surrender, Comrade

I think P hit the nail on the head. You're anxious about the upcoming visit with your parents. Deep down in there, there's several parts warring: a part that wants to be accepted by your parents and hopes to please them; a part that doesn't want them to come at all; a part that actually missed them; a part that worries about what new drama they'll cause, etc.

Your poor body can only take so much, so now it's just shutting down into depression.

Thanks, KK, that means a lot.

Vee, I think you and Pulisa have a very good point; for the past week or so I've been getting horrendous IBS cramps and back spasms.

EDIT: Just explained this to Mr. Iris, who promptly spiked my coffee with CBD. He's a very kind man.
    Last edited by BlueIris; 19-07-20 at 18:46.

LOL Tell Mr. Iris to pass some over here

I hope you have a happy day with them tomorrow, BI..Anticipatory anxiety is the pits and I'm sure you will have some reservations about seeing them in view of past experiences. You never know...they could be reformed characters after all this time of not seeing you and they might now appreciate just how valued you are to them as a much loved daughter?

Hope it all goes well tomorrow BI. Are they just coming for the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yooo hooooo Hiyer Blue,

Sorry to hear, and read, this sad thread - BUT - I will say that I to have some dreadfully waily deeply horribly 'counting the seconds and getting through' days and I do think that hormones could count for a lot of this (knowing you are a couple of years behind me in the changing sense). I've never had depression but I sure have days in the last few years where its a deep dark struggle, and I remind myself that it WILL PASS. Thats the important thing I would say, repeat over and over to yourself that its temporary. x

hi Bluelris sorry to hear your feeling so bad its no wonder though its been a very stressful time for everyone scary, we haven't had to deal with anything like this in our lifetime and hopefully we never do again

l hope you get some peace and rest as much as you can, but try to keep talking to people it helps as you know , its good you have spoken about it wishing you well xx

best wishes xx

BI, let us know how today has been, won't you?

Of course, PM.

It was basically a really lovely day - they showed up quite early and we spent a few hours talking, and I was able to spoil Mum with lots of jewellery. Dad enjoys it when I do that, too. Afterwards we had a nice leisurely pub lunch then went shopping in Costco before they dropped us back and went on their way.

Mr Iris and I were both a bit tired afterwards so we went for a nap. Unfortunately, either because of the stress or the rich lunch or both (I didn't expect my chicken burger to arrive in a thick batter) I was sick as a dog when I woke up, so I'm having a nice quiet lie down on the sofa now.

Thanks so much for being lovely, everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information