Thread: back up on citalopram after so long

back up on citalopram after so long

so I've been good for so long but then about two months back my anxiety just came out the blue I cant remember anything that actually kicked it off but anyway my doc highered my citalopram up to 40mg am now on day 10 and still pretty anxious.. (i've been on/off cit so many years but never remember the starting part of them and how they make me feel etc.. so is it to early for me to be feeling better yet ?? am better than I was but not 100% am so inpatient and like to be better now (if only I had a magic wand) anyway how long do people notice a difference ??

its a constant tight chest and throat feeling and goes so bad that I feel like am bein strangled then I freak out big time I don't want to go out because it happens worse when am out :(

thank you am holing on

Re: back up on citalopram after so long

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    so I've been good for so long but then about two months back my anxiety just came out the blue I cant remember anything that actually kicked it off but anyway my doc highered my citalopram up to 40mg am now on day 10 and still pretty anxious.. (i've been on/off cit so many years but never remember the starting part of them and how they make me feel etc.. so is it to early for me to be feeling better yet ??
    Just to be clear, you have been on 20mg? citalopram for some years and the dose was increased to 40mg 10 days ago because anxiety has returned in the last few months? If so, it may take some weeks for the higher dose to have a positive effect. I can't say exactly how long as it varies from person to person, but it will likely be at least 3 weeks, and could be a couple of months.

its a constant tight chest and throat feeling and goes so bad that I feel like am bein strangled then I freak out big time I don't want to go out because it happens worse when am out :(
    These are fairly common anxiety symptoms possibly made a little worse by the extra med. Slow deep breathes in through the nose and out by the mouth usually help.

Thread Information