Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut off my dreadlocks

Cut off my dreadlocks

They were internally a subconscious anxiety provoker. My hair was still a mess while it was locking. Had about 45 dread locks but a lot of my hair was still loose. I felt they made me look like I was in my 40's. Now I look like I'm in my 20s ... this is a new positive J.

pPpU1WA.png

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Cut off my dreadlocks

Nothing wrong with looking like you’re in your 40’s!
    It looks great though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

l have a friend she had dreadlocks for years she had social anxiety she hid behind her hair she eventually took them out and doesn't hide herself as much as she did , anyway looks lovely well done its a brave thing to do

best wishes xx

A new look works wonders and you look happy and healthy! Out with the old (including that tooth!) and in with the new (approach).

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Nothing wrong with looking like you’re in your 40’s!
    It looks great though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except I'm not that age. Yet. ha ha. Almost.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    l have a friend she had dreadlocks for years she had social anxiety she hid behind her hair she eventually took them out and doesn't hide herself as much as she did , anyway looks lovely well done its a brave thing to do

best wishes xx
    Thanks for sharing Mrs. Stress Head. This is what I think I was subconsciously doing. Was hard to cut the first, after that it all came off.

☪️️

Wow! You do look a lot younger now. You went from 90s rocker to current rugby player!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    A new look works wonders and you look happy and healthy! Out with the old (including that tooth!) and in with the new (approach).
    That's it Pulisa. My mom and brother came to visit yesterday and I felt so alive that I was with my mother. I haven't seen her in person for a while. I think I needed that contact with her.

There's a lesson learned that I've never learned in my life. It's something I say a lot, but didn't truly understand it ...

Look after yourself first.

I don't mean to push everyone aside. Hell no. I mean make yourself happy. Get your nails done, pamper yourself, go out with friends. That's not directly aimed at you he he. But, this is what my partner has been doing the weekend and she seems so much more alive and happier.

I thought I'd try the same, and holy ****, it worked. I was laying in the bath after I cut my locks and the light bulb moment hit me "You can't make others happy unless you're happy yourself".

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Wow! You do look a lot younger now. You went from 90s rocker to current rugby player!
    Ha ha thanks Antsy.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    That's it Pulisa. My mom and brother came to visit yesterday and I felt so alive that I was with my mother. I haven't seen her in person for a while. I think I needed that contact with her.

There's a lesson learned that I've never learned in my life. It's something I say a lot, but didn't truly understand it ...

Look after yourself first.

I don't mean to push everyone aside. Hell no. I mean make yourself happy. Get your nails done, pamper yourself, go out with friends. That's not directly aimed at you he he. But, this is what my partner has been doing the weekend and she seems so much more alive and happier.

I thought I'd try the same, and holy ****, it worked. I was laying in the bath after I cut my locks and the light bulb moment hit me "You can't make others happy unless you're happy yourself".
    Glad you and your Mum are on much better terms now..

I'd need an "estimate" if I followed your advice though on the "pampering"! It's ok for you young people!

What is "happiness" though? Why not start a thread on it? How do we all interpret happiness?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information