Thread: I can see my heart beating

I can see my heart beating

anyone else experience this? I can see my heartbeat through my clothes in my chest and stomach dont want to unnecessarily call the doctor but its making me panic. Im new here

Re: I can see my heart beating

I’d be far more concerned about it not beating I can see mine too, and my husbands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Whenever you get palpitations. Remember this

"They can be bothersome or frightening. They usually aren't serious or harmful, though, and often go away on their own. Most of the time, they're caused by stress and anxiety, or because you’ve had too much caffeine, nicotine, or alcohol. They can also happen when you’re pregnant."

If you are prone to anxiety, you are prone to palpitations. Fact.

P.s. I can see my heartbeat sometimes too. It happens sometimes when I lie down.

It is constantly that I can see my heartbeating. Ive been really struggling at the moment. Was in a+e and my d-dimer was very elevated, he suspected clots on my lungs and ruled them out with CTPA. I had ecg and 24hr ecg, all fine. Now, a week later, I am convinced I have a clot because my shoulder blade hurts when I breathe in. Also experiencing chest pain (normal for me). Took my baby for a walk to try and distract myself and now my heartrate won't come down and I'm all in a panic :( I genuinely hate myself at this moment in time

With respect, how old are you?

I am 27

The likelihood of you having heart problems at 27 are very remote, especially considering you have had an ECG and a 24 hr ECG.

Chest pain is actually very common. I have never had a heart attack myself, but I have spoken to people who have had them, and you definitely would not be able to take your baby for a walk if you were having one.

There is a pattern here. You were worried about heart problems but had the ECG, so now your brain is jumping to another symptom and you are worrying about blood clots. Shoulder pain that hurts when you breathe in? More likely to be pleurisy than anything else, if anything at all.

This is a vicious cycle that I know all too well. Your heart rate was elevated by exercise, and then you are focusing on it, and the more you focus on it, the more you worry, so your heart rate continues to sore because you are panicking.

Try some deep breathing exercises and some mindfullness.

Thread Information