Im 29 and I have been diagnosed with IBS for a few years. For a couple of years I have had issues with bleeding when I have a bowel movement but it has been bright red on the toilet paper so put it down to haemorrhoids.

However due to my mum having severe colitis my Dr referred me for a colonoscopy, but then covid hit and my appointment was cancelled!

This morning I woke up and had blood all in the toilet turning the water completely red and it terrified me. I used a suppository after hoping it'd clear up, but found myself needing the loo again a couple of hours later, I was terrified to look but yet again have blood in the toilet just as this morning.

I am now terrified I have cancer and I feel physically sick and anxious. I am ringing my GP first thing in the morning to update them and to see when I can get my colonoscopy as I am so worried now!

Has anyone else had an experience like this? As I said I was worried anyway that I was bleeding after every bowel movement but it was only on the toilet roll, now this is scary on another level.

I know no one can diagnose me on here I just want to seek some help from anyone who may have experienced this.

Thank you