Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is Happiness?

Re: What Is Happiness?

Do these mood cards help you, Scass?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do these mood cards help you, Scass?
    Sometimes if I remember to use one! They are very good and I would recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"People tend to think of happiness as a stroke of luck, something that will descend like fine weather if you're fortunate. But happiness is the result of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly."

- Elizabeth Gilbert (B - 1969)
    American author

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

That’s very good FMP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    "People tend to think of happiness as a stroke of luck, something that will descend like fine weather if you're fortunate. But happiness is the result of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly."

- Elizabeth Gilbert (B - 1969)
    American author

Positive thoughts
    I like that too.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I suppose for me being happy would mean being free from worry and therefore feeling liberated. I remember feeling euphoric after the birth of my daughter but I was being given dopamine in intensive care after a traumatic delivery (don't know why).

I know it's a very controversial subject. Do we need to be happy in order to function well or even at all? I'd say that it's not essential and people can live their entire lives without ever feeling truly content. I prefer the word "content" to "happy"-it's easier to relate to for me.
    Yes, that's the right word Pulisa. It's impossible to stay in a constant state of happiness. But I think being truly content is being happy. Happiness is also a state of mind. One's attitude on life. I know those who have seemingly been dealt a pretty lousy hand but still have a great outlook on life.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Yes, that's the right word Pulisa. It's impossible to stay in a constant state of happiness. But I think being truly content is being happy. Happiness is also a state of mind. One's attitude on life. I know those who have seemingly been dealt a pretty lousy hand but still have a great outlook on life.

N.
    That's true. There's many homeless folk who are very content with their life and have chose to live that way travelling the country. The Jack Reachers of the world (nope, never watched the films the books are much better). Then there's those who are never happy and want more.

I don't think money really comes into happiness. You can have a lot and still be very lonely and depressed (Notch for example, the creator of Minecraft).

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Happiness for me would be waking up with no anxiety or worries just being able to have a day where l feel free.

Also spending time with my family and my beautiful doggies xx

let's hope we can all find some happiness xx

best wishes
    I was going to respond with the same answer nearly to the word LOL

That's my state of happiness too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information