Thread: Acoustic neuroma fear

Acoustic neuroma fear

Hello, I'm writing this mainly because I'm scared beyond belief. I'll just cut to the chase and tell you all my symptoms,

If I'm standing or sitting I'll feel very faint quickly. It happens at random. It feels like I'm going to pass out.

Headaches mainly though in right side when I strain.

I can smell weird smells and taste weird tastes

Ringing in right ear only. Its constant. I don't remember when I first noticed it.

Sometimes I'll get bad vertigo that makes me vomit. I started getting it from when I remember it was like September of 2017.

Balance problems. I always feel so off balance. I rarely feel normal anymore.

Tmj pain. I have had it now for like 6 days maybe. Ckicking and sand paper sound when I move my jaw. It hurts my right side of my jaw when I yawn, move my jaw or bite.( the same side of the ringing ear) (another reason I'm freaking out)

Obviously i googled this and saw it can be aucostic neuroma. I'm 21 and plagued with health anxiety. I'm almost certain I have this because all of the symptoms line up. And now that I'm getting this tmj pain. I have no idea if I had this before, I'm freaking out so badly. I heard tmj pain is another common symptom for aucostic neuroma so I dont know. Am I overthinking? Do you think I have it? It's hard to tell with how much I worry about this kind of stuff.

Re: Acoustic neuroma fear

I can't diagnose you but acoustic neuroma is rare. It's also a benign tumour which isn't cancerous.

When I bite down I get a crackling feeling in my right ear, and I also have ringing in my ears. If I were you I would arrange an appointment with a doctor, but not because I think you have acoustic neuroma.

Because you are off balance a lot of the time, I would get that checked out, because vertigo can put you in danger if you fall into something or off or something etc. It's usually a benign cause.

God bless

Anxiouscow

Thread Information