Hi all
I have been on 20mg citalopram for 13 years
Recently after a discussion with my doctor I went down to 15mg. (Halfing the 20mg then halfing again) It's been a month now and I feel alot better. More awake. Less tired and feel like 15mg is a good dose for me. When going to pick up my months worth of medication my doctor prescribed me 10mg. I rang him and said I thourght we agreed on 15mg. He said that it's not a recommended dose. I told him I had done alot of research about weaning off of citalopram and because I had been on it so long wanted to do it slowly . He said he isant happy to prescribe me 15mg and will do it for the next t month but after that I have to go to 10mg or back up to 20mg. I said but I'm happy at 15mg. He said it's not something I can recommend or prescribe. We agreed I would try 10mg but i said if I feel unwell on 10mg then that means I have to go back up to 20mg and 20mg feels too much for me now. It makes me so tired. :( hopefully I,ll be fine on the 10mg but I feel disappointed that I dont get the option. What's everyone thourghts on this?