Thread: Spotting - Trigger warning tmi/cancer/miscarriage

Spotting - Trigger warning tmi/cancer/miscarriage

Trigger warning tmi/cancer/miscarriage

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is ok?
    I am so sorry if I am getting on your nerves, I am just a wreck atm :( so a little back ground: this time last year I had some bleeding after sex and pelvic pain most of the time, had a smear/pap test done and everything came back normal! Doctors were not concerned and the bleeding after sex hasn't happened since, and pain is sometimes there but has gotten better! Fast forward to October last year and I was having brown/red discharge for around 3 weeks and the pelvic pain again was quite back, went to the doctors and turns out I was 7 weeks pregnant!! (Massive shock) unfortunately I miscarriaged at 8 weeks :( some how i fell pregnant the day after my period!! What are the odds of that 🤔 lol

So forward to now and I am having the same issues, pink/red/brown cervical mucus (only when I wipe) this happend once on the 7th July and nothing until sunday when I had a bit more (only one when I wiped) nothing yesterday but today I have had it almost all day :( and there seems to be a bit more of it, my periods are all over the place (have been for around 4 years after coming off the implant) and very heavy and last around 6 days, cycle is around 35 to 45 days, i have done 2 pregnancy tests both negative, IF I was pregnant I would only be around 5 weeks, but I'm pretty sure it would have been too early for implantion bleeding when this first started? Went to the doctor on the 10th after the first symptoms and she checked my cervix and felt around inside and said everything looks healthy but why would this be happening? I am really really scared! If ANYONE could maybe shed some light on this I would be eternally grateful!! Should be looking forward to our wedding next year and continue planning but find myself thinking I'm not going to be hear anyway 😭 sorry for the massive message just could really do with some support ❤ Thank you for reading xxx

Re: Spotting - Trigger warning tmi/cancer/miscarriage

It sounds hormonal to me.

35 days is quite long for a cycle, and 45 days definitely is. I don't think there's anything ominous going on at all, but have you been checked for PCOS or something like that? And blood tests for hormone levels?

I used to bleed after sex all the time (barely have sex any more so don't know if I still do) and although my cycles are/were regular I do have some hormone imbalances and a history of miscarriages unfortunately.

You can get treated for imbalances and that might regulate your cycles a bit and also give you a better chance of a healthy pregnancy.

If you were 5 weeks pregnant you'd definitely have a positive pregnancy test by now.

Thank you for your reply! I'm trying not to think about it to much its so hard sometimes tho, have not had any bleeding after sex so I'm hoping that's a good thing? Xx

Yes, definitely good not to have bleeding after sex 🙂

I think it's ok to think about it, just not to spiral and assume the worst. If I were you, based on the long cycles and the random spotting, I'd ask for blood tests for PCOS and general reproductive hormones.

It's nothing to worry about, as tonnes of women have some kind of hormone imbalance, but it's worth knowing so you can treat it if needed.

Thread Information