Thread: visible lump under arm near breast

visible lump under arm near breast

really freaking out about this. just today i’ve noticed a lump at the bottom of my armpit, near the top of my right breast. it’s only visible when i have my arms out in a downwards v shape or on my hips, but you can see the lump slightly when i’m facing forward, and there isn’t one on my left side. i can’t tell if it’s painless or not, there is a sharp pain when i press down on certain areas around a skin tag i have in the area, but some parts of the lump are painless. when i lift my arm up at a certain angle, you can also see the lump at the bottom of my armpit. when i press into the lump i can feel lots of tiny bumps, which i’m assuming are lymph nodes as i can feel them on the left side too, it’s just a lot harder to feel them. i’m really freaking out about this as it doesn’t feel like a normal swollen glad, there’s not a distinct shape and it’s not movable, it’s just a general raised, hardened mass in the area, i know breast tissue can be dense especially when your young (i’m 19) but the fact that it’s only on one side and visible with the naked eye is freaking me out. it’s also very big, like probably a few inches so i’m terrified if it turns out to be lymphoma or a tumour that it will already be late stage. I’m going to try and monitor it until next week as i’m too busy this week to phone the gp, but when i do i’m not sure they’ll see me since they’re only seeing urgent patients in person just now? But i’m hoping for some reassurance or insight in the meantime as it’s really worrying me

Re: visible lump under arm near breast

A GP will most likely triage you, and then call you in to access the lump. I recently went to the GP for a routine medication check, and was allowed to meet the Dr face to face to have my blood pressure taken etc.

Lumps are usually harmless. Especially in areas of the body subjected to moisture. I know everyone thinks "lumps = cancer" but it is not always the case.

However, although I wouldn't be freaking out, I definitely think you should make a doctors appointment.

God bless,

Anxiouscow

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiouscow View Post
    A GP will most likely triage you, and then call you in to access the lump. I recently went to the GP for a routine medication check, and was allowed to meet the Dr face to face to have my blood pressure taken etc.

Lumps are usually harmless. Especially in areas of the body subjected to moisture. I know everyone thinks "lumps = cancer" but it is not always the case.

However, although I wouldn't be freaking out, I definitely think you should make a doctors appointment.

God bless,

Anxiouscow
    Thank you, that’s good to hear, I just can’t help but panic as I’m not sure what else it could be except cancer because of the size of it and the fact that it’s painless

How did you get on?

How did you get on?
    I’ve been too busy this week to make an appointment unfortunately, and I had to phone them about something else today so I’m going to have to wait a few days as I get very embarassed phoning them so often

Is your anxiety being treated?

Is your anxiety being treated?
    that’s actually what the call to my gp was about today, for a referral for private counselling, i had cbt for it at age 14 and then again at 17, it got a lot better when i went to uni and moved into a flat with my friends etc, but over summer it’s got very bad again in general, not just health related worries, so i’m going to get help again

How did you get on?
    just thought i’d update you if you were interested ! the gp said as i only noticed it two weeks ago to keep an eye on it and if it’s still there in two weeks time to call again and i’ll be brought in to have it looked at, as it could just be changes in breast tissue during my cycle, she didn’t sound too concerned but said as they take breast lumps seriously which is reassuring :-)

Thread Information