Thread: Acid reflux

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Acid reflux

Hi all .

I am currently going through a terrible time with stomach issues . I have horrendous acid reflux had it for about 10 weeks i am 44 . It all started when I was going through a horrendous amount of stress . I now have worried myself sick that I have something awful. All I do is worry about my stomach all day. I am taking nexium which work to a certain degree but find they wear off at night. My symptoms are burning throat constant burping gurgling empty hollow feeling in top of stomach constant saliva especially at night all I do is swallow I feel like I'm going to choke horrid tsste in mouth at night . Last night was so bad I honestly didn't realise how bad acid could be i haven't slept as lying down makes it worse. I have had a ct scan and ultrasound 8 weeks ago both ok. I asked my doctor about helicobacter and he said just take the eradication therapy anyway and see if it works without being tested as he said I would need to come off the nexium for 2 weeks so I could get tested and i dont feel that's possible right now. I asked for the blood test as you don't need to come off the meds and he said no it would be stool sample . I explained I was tested in January for it via blood test at my old practice and was negative so if it was positive now I would take the meds but he said we don't do that. I had it 8 years ago and completed the antibiotics and it went but I was positive then. I dont want to take antibiotics for something I don't even know I have as it could make it worse. I've never had such awful symptoms and can't believe they are so debilitating . Anyone else in the same situation. I would appreciate some advice please.

Xxx
    Last edited by molly15; 23-07-20 at 14:56.

Thread Information