Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Acid reflux

Re: Acid reflux

Just reading through your earlier posts on here. I had excess saliva in my mouth. Now it’s the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    I just find it hard to believe reflux can be so bad its ruining my life . Especially the burping. I had to take 2 nexiem yesterday and 1 at 5 this morning. Xx

Well you're experiencing it, so it's not that hard to believe!

How exactly is it ruining your life?

Hi Mighty c I am on nexiem and take gaviscon but u find the nexiem dosent last the full 24 hours and I find by 7 pm it starts wearing off as I feel the water buying in my throat and the burning gaviscon dosrnt seem to help much and it also can give me cramps . I get bloated sometimes it all depends what I eat. I'm in Scotland and my gp is the same only telephone consultations its a joke as everything else is starting to open up .Do you get the excess saliva ?

Hi ankietyjoe I'm getting no sleep as the symptoms are worse at night and the worry ithat ts something serious is taking over my life. Ive had a abdominal ct and ultrasound about 8 weeks ago but not sure how well the ct shows the stomach. Xx

I think the CT shows the stomach region very clearly. If things do not settle you may have to have an endoscopy. That will tell if you have a hernia, ulcer, gastritis or anything else sinister.

I did get the excess salvia in my mouth yes. I’m not getting it now though, quite the opposite in fact.

I had bloating before and lived with it, but never for so long and with so many other symptoms. There are so many “could be’s” And I think that’s the worry for me.

Ankietyjoe replied to one of my original post about antibiotics and I believe that he is right in that these issues can take months to settle. My stepdaughter said yesterday that so many people that she is picking up are suffering from anxiety as a result of lockdown and being unable to see a GP.

I said to my missus, as soon as I start feeling right I will be okay and move on but I not feeling right. I think I’ve had a few things go on including Mild Covid, which my step daughter agrees. Though, I could be totally wrong.

It’s unfortunate that this has happened at the same time as Covid. A word of advice, get as much checked and sorted out now whilst you can. The hospitals in London, I’m aware you’re not in London, are already preparing for the second spike. I was told this on Tuesday.

Its awful and the anxiety definitely is making us worse. I can feel my throat burning and saliva building as I write this and I've had a nexiem this morning and just took gaviscon but not helped. The thought of another lock down is to much to handle .Here in Scotland we seem to be doing OK with the covid situation our first minister has handled the whole thing really well. Xx

sorry just realised you had already answered my question regarding the saliva xx

I think It’s been handled very well in Scotland. Sorry to hear that you are getting the burning. I experienced burning heat in my throat, mouth, nose and from my eyes. I think now this was probably the acid at its worst though could be wrong . I honestly thought it was Covid, with the coughing too. Now it maybe from silent reflux all the time. The bad chest and back burning that I had, did seem to calm down after 30 mins or so of taking Gaviscon. If I take it now, it stings my throat.

Hi well I was wakened with pain in top of stomach and in back and ribs most of the night . My ppi just not lasting 24 hours . I'm getting really worried something is really wrong. I just try and keep reminding myself I had a abdominal ct 8 weeks ago . Its just not easy xx

A clear abdominal CT scan is a huge indication that nothing serious is going on but I totally understand where you coming from. The mind starts to think, well that was 8 weeks ago, things could have changed since then. I had an US on the 1st June and I keep thinking, things may show now and debating whether or not I should book another. I’m also doing it with bloods. Had a load down 3-4 weeks ago, now thinking I would like them all done again.

I must stop trying to self diagnose. As my tummy is bloated and I get fluctuations in my bilirubin and I keep getting blood in my mouth, I phoned the British liver advice line yesterday. The nurse was very helpful and I put the phone down and felt relief and joy however, it was short lived and my mind started going off on one last night. Eventually fell asleep at .3am. I can’t live like this. It’s probably destroyed my relationship as the missus won’t pick the phone up and has not come home. I don’t blame her in all honesty. I chatted to some friends last night on the phone, one who’s a right mans man, owns a central London pub, that has not opened, said that he is suffering anxiety, is unable to sleep and sought advice on breathing techniques from a Reiki master. He said, he thinks it’s the going from being so busy to idleness. I can relate to that and of course, I am actually stuck at home on my own now with the dog!

I’ve woken this morning and I panic that I will taste blood. I haven’t today but I feel extremely hot and sweaty which I don’t usually experience. I’m getting the funny sensation in my throat now but I’ve just eaten some toast.

Hope you have a good day.

It’s a nightmare

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information