Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Acid reflux

Re: Acid reflux

its truly awful im in such a mess I actually don't know how much more anxiety I can take over this..... I'm sure once your wife has some space she will speak to you i can imagine its a terrible stressful time for our partners too. Maybe once we get our minds focused on something else it would start to heal . But I honestly can't see it happening with me as the symptoms are so bad. Xx

Whats your acid reflux symptoms and how long have you suffered?

Hi Reading through a lot of posts it seems a lot of people on nmp are suffering acid reflux issues. I would be interested to know your symptoms and how long you have suffered and do you think anxiety triggers and feeds it ? Has anything helped ease the symptoms?

I am currently going through hell with it at the moment has been going on 2 months now . It all started when i was going through horrendous stress and not eating and taking diazepam. My anxiety levels are through the roof . I'm on nexiem but dosent last long it says 24 hour control but no with me. I try gaviscon and other stuff like Ronnie's but dosent help and just gives me cramps.

My symptoms are.....
    Knawing pain at top part of stomach in the middle .
    Excessive saliva
    Constant burping
    Burning throat
    Burning mouth
    Gurgling stomach
    Horrid taste in mouth especially at night
    Cant lie flat as symptoms worsen
    Empty hollow feeling in top part of stomach
    Tightness in throat.
    Pain in ribs and round back.

I had a ct scan and ultrasound 8 weeks ago all ok.

I'm at my wits end with it .

Any input would be appreciated.

Xxxx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

My symptoms are;

Foul smelling stools & gas - this has improved considerably
    Constant benching - again, improved
    Floating stools - not all the time
    Gurgling tummy especially after eating - just had a piece of chicken and it has set it off now.
    Bloating
    Intermittent pain like needles being poked into me
    Lump in throat - at times
    Difficulty breathing especially when laying down - this has improved
    Strange sensation in my throat - like a dust feeling and a very very mild sour taste in mouth
    Fullness feeling after drinking or eating
    Burning like never experienced before in my mouth, nose and eyes. Lasts an hour then passes. Thankfully not really had this for a while
    Burning chest - this has eased
    Pains in back - kidney and upper region. Again, not really getting this now
    I have to sleep propped up on 4 pillows
    Stomach discomfort

I had this since Feb along with other symptoms which I thought was Covid. Also thought it could be a lot of other things too. When I took the time to write everything down I realised that I increased the dose age of a drug trial that I’m on. This drug gives me murders as it is - mostly GI related. I think this is the cause of my problems though the drug team think not as I stopped it in March. I think it’s taking time for my body to slowly get back to normal. The drug is out there in the market, so technically I’m not a guinea pig. It’s called Semaglutide.

Thanks mightypc for your input . Its no fun is it ! But at least some of your symptoms are a bit better xxxx

Going back to what you said about reflux ruining your life. That's a really bold statement, and not really true.

It's the anxiety 'ruining your life', reflux is a pretty common and benign ailment. It's a discomfort more than anything, but your mind is overreacting to it.

If your diet is good, your meds aren't working and it's still there it points towards it because at least extended because of your anxiety. Try and get to a mental place where you can just accept that you have reflux right now, and wait until it passes.

Listing symptoms and worrying about sinister underlying causes is just going to prevent recovery longer and longer.

Hi ankietyjoe thanks for your reply . You sound like my mum she just said exact same thing to me. How is it possible to move on though when symptoms are so bad . I try and say to myself I had a ct scan and ultrasound 8 weeks ago but then think it could have missed something or it wasn't there then and now is . I get what your saying its so damn hard . Did you ever get reflux ? And if so what was the cause and how did you fix it ?xxxx

I get reflux on and off all the time. You just have to watch what you eat and stop worrying about it. If you find it hard not to worry, just practice not worrying more.

Again, the issue here is you focusing on it, so next time you notice it deliberately focus on something else. Doesn't matter if you succeed, you're just re-training your brain to not freak out over something benign. Keep doing that, thousands of times if necessary.

Practice.

Thank you for your advice. I know what I need to do i just need to start to train my brain im just in that severe anxious state at the moment have been for 3 months that I feel like im fighting a losing battle. Was you acid reflux anxiety induced?, As I'm thinking it's maybe to hard to control the acid when anxiety is fueling it . What do you take to help ypurs ?

I took ACV, but you have to take it for a while.

You're kinda in the mindset where you want the reflux to go so you can reduce your anxiety, but you need to tackle it from the other way round. You need to deal with the anxiety to reduce the reflux.

It's a bit of reflux, so what? That's what you need to say to yourself.

Stop comparing your symptoms with other people, stop trying to find an immediate solution and stop seeing it as a battle. It's just reflux.

Your stomach and brain are linked so strongly, that a lot of scientists now consider the digestive system to be part of the cognitive system. In other words, you worry about things and your digestions suffers. You need to train your worry, not your stomach.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information