Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Acid reflux

Re: Acid reflux

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    I'm really struggling. This acid is just not getting any better it's constant. My doc doubled my tablets but they don't help . I'm so miserable and anxious x
    What is your diet like? What do you eat in a typical day? Today for instance?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Molly, sorry to hear you are still struggling. I went to see a top Gastro on Monday evening. From my symptoms alone, he diagnosed SIBO. It causes a host of physical issues that you wouldn’t relate to stomach issues - muscles aches, joint stiffness, sinus, breathing issues and affects the brain deleting serotonin causing anxiety and depression.

He said many people are diagnosed with IBS which really is a host of symptoms. The cause 9/10 is bacteria or yeast overgrowth. Sort that, the problem goes.

He said anti acids will not work neither will the shop bought probiotic drinks etc. I have to take Symprove which has been proven to work, for three months. Should start to feel better after two weeks. If not, he will prescribe an antibiotic. Also recommended I look at FODMAP.

The Symprove is expensive and vile but if it works then great.

I’m not medically trained so unaware if you have a similar problem. But I would say it’s worth a go with the Symprove to see if things improve. Even if you buy the minimum, a months worth, you may see improvement within two weeks.

Ps. It was most likely the cause of my UTi too as it causes urinary issues too. I had something similar 10 years ago that never got resolved. Hopefully this works! Im feeling positive 😁

Acid reflux and phlegm in throat chest and nose

Hi ,I have been suffering with acid reflux for 5 months I am on nexiem 40mg and it only helps some. I also follow the fodmap diet but still I suffer.
    My symptoms are burping,burning throat ,watery throat, excessive saliva, empty hollow feeling in stomach, and in the morning i have a heavy congested chest my throat and nose also feel clogged with mucus. Its very unsettling and my anxiety is so bad because of it.

Does anyone else feel their acid reflux problems has lasted this long and causes chest congestion when sleeping ? I sleep with a wedge pillow and my bed is raised.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Xx

HI mightypc

I have been taking symaprove for about 6 weeks now but no improvement to this reflux unfortunately. Its really still as bad.

Hope you are doing well .

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Molly, the Symprove is a 3 month course. You pay for 2 and get the third free.

My acid is not so bad as earlier in the year but yes I still get it and at times feel that I’m being strangled. I take a PPi in the morning and evening now. Never have suffered with this until the onset of all of this in Feb - March.

My stomach is still bloated badly. It’s strange, I was always a stocky type chap but lost so much muscle 10 years ago. My chest, shoulders, thighs and backside have reverted back to how they were then. It’s very bc strange. I keep thinking maybe is oedema and C something major is wrong with the liver or something. Then I think logically, my bc albumin is good, in the upper 40s. I think a low level causes oedema. I have had an ultrasound and no ascities was picked up and I’m being see. By a top gastro, one down from a professor, who has felt my tummy etc. He suggested that I have an abdominal CT and endoscope and antibiotics that he prescribed have not worked so far. I’m walking 5 - 6 miles a day, so don’t think I would be doing that if something major was up.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Hi mightypc

I'm so glad the acid is at least a bit better. And yes definitely keep up the walking its so good for you .Also your bloods would be off if there was anything major wrong i would imagine.

I had a ct scan 4 months ago and a my bloods done recently. Hopefully you get the scan soon but sometimes i think all these tests make the anxiety worse then in turn makes the symptoms worse.

I hate everything about the acid reflux symptoms its totally taken over my life . The watery mouth and throat are the worst feeling for me .

What ppi are you on and what dose ?

1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water has helped me tremendously

Apple cider vinegar made me worse unfortunately.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information