Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have Shingles... plus more

I have Shingles... plus more

So on Monday I felt like I had a sunburn on the right upper portion of my back and near my underarm. Tuesday I noticed a red rash on my back and a few spots on my arm. Went to urgent care. Shingles. I was given anti-virals.

I wasn't too worried until yesterday afternoon I noticed the burning feeling on my leg. It is still burning today. But, there are no bumps there yet. If you know anything about shingles, you know that is almost never shows up on two separate parts of your body at the same time. If it does, it usually indicates severe immune compromise and is considered a potential flag for malignancy.

So, looks like, not only do I have shingles, I have an underlying malignancy that has weakened my immune system. My CBC was normal. I am 34 years old. Currently I believe I have multiple myeloma related to the tooth pain I started having off and on back in April. I believe that the multiple myeloma or possibly other blood cancer has weakened my immune system to the point of getting shingles.

Re: I have Shingles... plus more

You must be the first person ever to have multiple myeloma/ blood cancer with a normal CBC/FBC. What is your treatment plan?

I saw some cases online of people with Myeloma having a normal CBC.

There's been some discussion concerning patterns of behavior with severe HA and the reply to Pulisa's post is a perfect example. I'm convinced the forum posting and the pattern of replies is as much a part of the illness as the perceived symptoms.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, these aren't really perceived symptoms. This is real. I have shingles for real. It's quite painful and the doctor immediately identified it as shingles when I showed him. I actually didn't even know much about shingles to be honest before he mentioned it.

The real concerning part is having the classic "shingles" burn on my leg since yesterday. Shingles should never be in two separate areas of your body without serious immuno suppression or being immuno compromised - typically by Lymphoma, Leukemia, etc.

I'm not denying the shingles at all. Its where your mind takes you that is in question and you know it

Feel better soon!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Well, these aren't really perceived symptoms. This is real. I have shingles for real. It's quite painful and the doctor immediately identified it as shingles when I showed him. I actually didn't even know much about shingles to be honest before he mentioned it.

The real concerning part is having the classic "shingles" burn on my leg since yesterday. Shingles should never be in two separate areas of your body without serious immuno suppression or being immuno compromised - typically by Lymphoma, Leukemia, etc.
    Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Says who?
    Basically every website I have found about Shingles, Medscape, WebMD, scientific studies, etc.

I wasn't too worried until yesterday afternoon I noticed the burning feeling on my leg. It is still burning today. But, there are no bumps there yet.
    Burning ey, but no bumps, couldn't be psychosomatic could it ?

Incidentally - even IF this was shingles in a different location, all the info I've seen says its unlikely to be on two sides of the body at once.

I'm 99.9% sure that shingles is a ONE SIDE only thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information