Thread: Numbness and Tingling

Numbness and Tingling

I'm so worried.

Ive been ill since September 2017, consisting of light-headedness and nausea so bad that I couldn't travel to work for months. I also have various gastrointestinal symptoms that have been pains, changing bowel habits, elevated calprotectin, etc. However, numerous tests have come back as normal.

Two evenings ago, I had an area of my hand (left) go numb. It's how it feels if you lay on it. It is only around my thumb and forefinger. I can currently still move it as normal but feels very numb.

I was hoping it would be gone yesterday when I woke up and that I'd just laid on it or trapped a nerve. However it was still there yesterday constantly.

This morning I wake up and it is still there. However, I now have a patch of numb skin on my left foot. Literally just one area along the left edge of my foot. All my toes are fine and can walk and move it as normal.

I also feel like it's starting to come on around my eye sockets as well, mainly the left again.

This has gotten to this stage over the last three days and I'm so worried about what is going to happen next.

I feel like it's a brain tumour, or multiple sclerosis which the symptoms seem to fit with.

My last blood tests showed a slightly low potassium level. I know that can apparently cause numbness and tingling, but mine was only 3.3 and the minimum should be 3.5 so not massively under.

I have an appointment at midday but the doctor is useless.

I'm almost certain this is something bad. I have suffered with anxiety for many many years but never experienced this.

Re: Numbness and Tingling

Hi i get the numbness a lot the more uptight I am the worse it is . Im sure your Doctor will put your mind at rest xx

Well maybe your anxiety is at a higher level than previous I have had the same but turned out to be nothing to worry about.
    Why is your Doc useless?

They said they can't discount multiple sclerosis which is what I had been worried about as well. They want to do more blood tests next Tuesday to recheck my potassium as that can apparently cause numbing and tingling but mine was only just under the minimum.

What started as a patch on my left hand a few days ago, spread to a patch on my left foot this morning, and even had tingling sensations and stuff around my eye sockets and now my right arm this morning. At this rate I dread to think what things will be like by that time.

Also feel really tired around the afternoon which is very very very unlike me.

Very scared.

The tiredness will be down to all the worry you have done over these symptoms. I'm sure the tingling will all be anxiety related. I'm going through a horrendous time to worrying about my stomach and acid reflux . So I know what you are feeling xx

High blood sugar can cause this too. I’ve been getting this when I wake, not every morning though. Cardio Dr was not concerned.

There are a multitude of reasons for your symptoms. If you're low in potassium then it can cause these symptoms. Try putting a pinch of cream of tartar under your tongue every now and then. It is high in potassium.

I have these things too and in my case was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, the tingling and numbness is cause by peripheral neuropathy. It comes and goes, stress makes it much worse.

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Thread Information